Friday, 13 January 2012

My side of the bed.

I got a double bed just after my birthday in August. I won't go into all the detail because it's unnecessary, but I am currently on a double mattress on the floor, awaiting a bed frame. I think I have mentioned it before anyway.

When I first got it, I was confused as to which side I was meant to sleep on. My bedside table with my alarm clock was on the left of my bed (the left being if I am lying in it), but I found it more comfortable to sleep on the right hand side. But then I found that was torture in the morning when my alarms go off because I have to roll all the way onto the other side of the bed to turn off a horrible, piercing noise (this takes time in the morning because I am the type of person that refuses to wake up, so my alarm would be going for about a minute or two). So then I decided I would make myself get used to sleeping on the left hand side, which took a week or so, but I got used to it, and now the left hand side of my bed is like heaven - I love it. & the cat sleeps on the side I used to love sleeping on. I do also love sprawling out in the middle of the bed, like literally sprawling out, and Iz will have to sleep at the end of the bed in the corner. So to make things a bit less confusing, I now class the left hand side of the bed, my side.

So, I like sleeping like this:

I find it comfortable sleeping in either of these ways. But I now hate sleeping on the right hand side of the bed, left side looking at the pictures. But. But but but. The other night I was lying in bed, on the side that is no longer 'my side', putting stuff back on my bookshelf. Then I just put my head down and closed my eyes, still on the side I don't like. Then I must have drifted off for 5 or 10 minutes. & when I woke up... BAM. Isobel was on my side of the bed. My side. I didn't want to move her because sometimes when I do that, she just jumps off and sleeps elsewhere and it sounds pathetic, but I feel better when she sleeps on my bed! Oh God, how sad is that?! Anyway, I had to sleep the whole night on the wrong side of the bed, which was originally my favourite side of the bed, but now the nightmare side of the bed, confusing, huh? And I barely slept at all. It was horrible. Never again will that be happening. 
So, I have now learnt how important my side of the bed is.

Which side of the bed do you sleep on?
Do you absolutely have to sleep on that side?

Quick update - I have not been busy in the slightest, apart from the college work I haven't done anything at all really, oh I had a party last weekend which was okay. But I have missed Blogger very much! So, I will now be catching up with your posts, then I will be absent again. My exam is on the 24th of this month, so expect a post any time after then :)

Hope you are all great and having a fun month!

~Jazz

10 comments:

  1. Hahaha too funny. I actually don't care what side of the bed I sleep on. Sometimes my boyfriend and I switch sides just to change it up, but when he's not there and I have the whole bed to myself I sleep in the middle! :)

    xx Jessica
    wbrjb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same problem but now I sleep in the middle! I really love the pictures you did, very artistic haha! Good luck in your exam X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a sprawler. At my happiest I sleep diagonally so, yeah, nightmare to share a bed with. Oops!

    I love your doodles, your cat especially! You should definitely do more of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, P.S. I nominated you for a blog award. :)

    xx Jessica
    wbrjb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha that is funny. I never knew how important "a side" of the bed was either until I had a bigger bed. I like sleeping on the right side of the bed. Always have. Even on my brother's bed I choose THAT side lol. Now following your blog. Found you via Jessica @ Waking, Believing, Running

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I got my double bed it was a big event. But I wasn't really comfortable for about a week, so I changed my double duvet back to my single duvet and voila it is now the most comfortable bed EVER xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOOOLLL that's adorable. Stick figure drawings are the bomb.

    I have this dilemma when I go home, i've got the double bed but share with the dogs... I like the right side (when im laying in it) as its closest to the door so i dont disturb the pests when i get up in the night.
    But if i do not keep track of them they end up on that side while i watch tv/on the laptop!!! Then i feel bad for waking them so i go to sleep on the left only to wake them if i need to get up! Silly animals, stop being so cute.

    xx
    Nichola (My Little Butterfly)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laughed my head off when I read this blog post!!
    Dilemma dilemmas eh?
    Hope all is going well with your studying.
    jennie, x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahahaha... I sleep on the right side of the bed. I have to sleep there because our room is tiny and that's where the bassinet is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ha ha ha! So true, I can only sleep on the right side of the bed. If my boyfriend is away for the night I think that it will be good because I can have the whole bed to myself and sleep in the middle, but I end up just curled up on the right side as usual. It just feels wrong otherwise

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)