Monday, 12 August 2013

We Meet Again!

Hello! If you no longer remember me - I'm Jazz... Ha!

This is just an update post as to what is currently going on in my life, I'm not interested in posting regularly again, I'm just feeling ever so chatty tonight. If you only want to hear about certain things, I have put up headings so you can skip straight to those parts. This may be a long post.

A Girl's Holiday to Zante
As you may or may not know, Zante is a typical party island in Greece where many teens and twenty somethings go to drink plenty of alcohol. Me and my friend flew here at the beginning of July for a week. I don't have much to say about it to be honest, it was a fantastic week that I would love to relive but God - I would do a lot of things different; many mistakes were made on that holiday! I got to know my best mate even more and living with someone really does change things, we had our first argument which was a bloody big one and I realised someone can be a lot moodier than me in the mornings! But we're still great friends and we got some great and bloody hilarious memories. I even got a fireman's lift down the beach in exchange for some of a kebab I bought (this was while I was highly intoxicated - in fact the whole week I was highly intoxicated). I met some lovely guys and some not so lovely guys! Anyway here are some of the very few pictures we even took...






The Best Holiday of my Life
Me and my mum went to Marrakech in Morocco at the end of July and it was bloody hot, shooting well over 50 degrees celsius in the sun. The first few days were pretty boring, then I met the best people you could ever meet. Seriously. You know when you start talking to a person and just know you absolutely love them? Well this happened like so many times on this holiday. We would chill out in the pool at day, then at night (we were all inclusive, free food and drink 'til 12am daily) we would drink drink drink and dance until about 11.50pm, then we would order about 4/5 drinks each from the bar before it closed, go upstairs to the lobby, chat and drink our drinks (SAVING ONE DRINK!) then the hotel had these massive gardens and we would take our last drink and walk around them and do all sorts of funny things. I want to write them all down but it would take forever! We also met the loveliest Welsh couple who I just bloody love, partly because they have a Welsh accent, but they really are lovely. So much other stuff happened on the holiday because Marrakech is extremely different to home, but I loved that holiday so much. I'm going to stay over at one of my friend's houses in two weeks, 4 hour train journey but I miss them so much! Here are some pics...








Last Teenage Year
I turned 19 last week or the week before, I'm really confused about where I am in the month if I'm honest. I didn't do anything special for it, we got home from Morocco at about 5.30am on the day so I was pretty tired and really emotional from saying goodbye to everyone. I met my cousin's mini hedgehog called Meeko which made my day though! I also got a guitar which I am learning. It feels a little weird that I'm going to be 20 next year. Holy shit I'm going to be 20. Oh Christ. Let's change the subject. I went out the next night with some friends but didn't really enjoy it so much which I explain in a later heading...


Moving Out Day is Looming
In just under three weeks I will be moving out to live with university friends. I am going into my second year and not my first year (I travelled the first year, booooo)! We had a bit of a palava (however you spell that) because one of the girls that was meant to be living with us (probably my best friend out of the whole of university) announced via Twitter she was quitting university, therefore obviously wouldn't be living in the house anymore. I'm not getting bitchy now but it would have been nice if she told us personally (which she never did, she just presumed we found out from Twitter). She hasn't really spoke to any of us since, didn't even get in touch on my birthday! I was pissed at first but I couldn't care less now; if that's how she is then that's how she is, I'm glad we're not living with someone who just ditches their friends. On the other hand, I AM SO EXCITED! I really need to move out from home, I'm starting to really not get on with my mum and it would just be best if I did move out now to be honest, but I have a few weeks yet.

Change of Course and A Plan
I can't remember if I've mentioned this on my blog before but I've finally decided what I would like to do in my future! I'd like to be a speech and language therapist - where you help people speak again and other bits and bobs. I've done lots and lots of research into it and the course I was doing at university (English language & literature and Creative Writing) was not going to get me a place on the course once I'd finished university; there is so much competition for it and very limited places due to it being funded by the NHS and the course I was doing would be completely overlooked. Sooo, I have changed my course completely to English Language (thankfully I am allowed to continue from year 2 and not start university again)! I will now be studying language development and other similar modules which will hopefully give me a much better chance at getting into the career I want. However changing the majority of my course means I will no longer be in classes with a lot of my close friends. I'll still see them obviously but the classes we had together were the best! This was my blog post exactly one year ago today, ha! Who knows, things might change again!

Love Life
Hmmmm. I'm not sure what is going on here if I'm honest. A guy I mentioned quite a few months ago... well.. things developed with him, but in a weird way, and I'm not sure what we are. I'll be honest he's a bit of a dick to me and just picks me up when he wants then just drops me when he can't be arsed anymore, but you know when you just feel something weird for them? Well that's how I feel. I've thought out so many times in my head what I want to say to him so whatever is going on with us will be stopped and we'll just be friends again, but I can't bring myself to say it to him. I don't want to stop the nice things we have together, but he doesn't think he is ever a dick. Hmmmmmmm. Let's be honest my love life has never been fantastic so it won't end well!

Body
I've been on two holidays and I've drunk an excessive amount of alcohol and eaten a horrific amount of fatty foods. I've got fat. I'm not being over dramatic when I say this but I have put on a lot of weight and some people have told me (out of kindness) I need to get to the gym! I can't fit in a few pairs of my jeans anymore, I look like I'm far along in pregnancy, lost all definition in my face and my mum said I had cankles!! It's gotten me realllllly down and I feel so grim and upset a lot of the time, I don't want to go on night's out because it means putting on a dress or skirt and I don't want to show my legs. I was so self conscious going out for my birthday and just didn't enjoy it. It's my own fault, I shouldn't have let myself get this way but I've ordered some running shoes and sports clothes and I'm going out on jogs asap. Although my boobs have grown which I'm pretty impressed with.

America
I have mentioned this so many times on my blog! Quick recap - America does summer camps - I've wanted to work in one for about 3 years - I planned to go 2013, changed it to 2014 because of money. Now is the time to apply! I have paid it off and have one last thing to do before my application gets sent off! I have a long way to go yet and I probably shouldn't be talking about this until I actually get accepted onto the programme but I'm just so happy I've finally started the application. I don't know if I'll get on but I need to be hopeful.

General Life
I'm very happy, I've mentioned a few things in this that probably make it seem like I'm pretty glum at the moment but I'm really not - this is the happiest I have been in a long time!


I hope you are all really well! I check up on blogs every few weeks, sorry I never comment though.

Back again in a few weeks probably...

Jazz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)