Monday, 21 October 2013

First Ambulance Ride

It was a big student night in Liverpool called Carnage. This is where students buy a t-shirt and it has a list of clubs on it, and you go to as many of these clubs as you can with the t-shirt granting you your access, so all you need to take money for is drinks and transport home. We'd already arranged our transport home and booked our taxi to pick us up at 4.30am.


We arrived at the first club and saw the queue and almost died - we were bursting for a wee. Thankfully Holly knew one of the bouncers and he got us in straight away and we ran to the toilet - to find a queue. We all almost wet ourselves before we got to a toilet. Then we got on with it, we headed to the main bar and got the drinks in. I specifically remember having a snakebite which was foul. Then I am pretty sure I had a vodka coke and finished this. Then I think I had two jagerbombs. Then I bought a vodka lemonade which some guy knocked over. I do remember being prettttttty drunk here. So I thought it was a wise decision to get another drink to replace it.

One of my friends then said we were leaving for the second place, I grabbed Holly away from some guy and left. Boom, that is my last memory where I fully remember what was going on around me. The next thing I remember is waiting to order a drink at another club, then I remember running around a club with excitement (I don't fucking know, I'm the craziest drunk most people have met). Then I could only see black but heard people shouting my name.

My next memory is waking up in hospital. I needed a wee so bad, I didn't have a clue where I was, I just kept saying "I need a wee, omg, I need a wee". Then Liam piped up and said "Jazz you're in hospital, you're on a drip", my response "NO I'M NOT, I NEED A WEE LIAM". I kind of remember going to the toilet with this huge pole and being attached to a wire then I had to get back in the bed and I passed out again.

Awaking again I heard Liam and Holly talking to the guy nurse asking when we could go and I remember him saying he'd have to see my state or something once the drip had finished. Then I remember the nurse saying something would probably hurt - I can't remember if it did or not. Liam yanked me up and told me to walk. We left the hospital - stealing three hospital blankets - and headed for the train station since the trains were now running.  The taxi had to be cancelled and we were now getting the train home. We got to Liam's and the other's house and I stayed there for a bit then I felt sober enough to walk back home (round the corner).

When I got in my bedroom I took all my makeup off (it was a circus themed event so had eyeliner everywhere), went to take my tights off (which I bought the Sunday - it was now Monday morning) and they were all cut up where the nurses had placed some weird plasters. Then I got in bed and woke up several hours later with the worst head ever. I thanked all my friends in shit loads of chocolates and sweets and apologised for being a drunken mess.

I was later told we were waiting to go in the final club (the ending place) and I had just collapsed in the queue and they rang for an ambulance when they couldn't figure out if I was breathing or not. Applaud me for being an absolute twat. I also pulled a picture keyring (where you get your picture taken somewhere and they make it into a keyring) out of the bag I took out and cringed as I pulled it out, expecting it to be some horrific drunk picture of me and someone else. I looked at it properly and it was of people I don't even know from Carnage! How did I even get that?!

No memory of this being taken at all.


I really do not tolerate what I drink on a night out, I think I'm invincible and just go for it. I need to remember I am under 5ft and my body cannot take that much drink. I was also getting drunk about 2/3 times a week - yes I am a student but that's just a bit ridiculous. So I have put myself on a drinking ban until halloween, and at halloween I am limiting myself to 4 drinks and no shots.

I am ridiculously embarrassed and pretty ashamed.

I don't even remember my first hospital ride, pretty gutted.

Jazz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)