Saturday, 12 November 2011

My first attempt at cupcakes.



Today I went to my grans to try and make cupcakes for the first time! I have obviously made fairy cakes before, but never cupcakes.

So my aunty dug out her old icing bag and nozzle for me, and my gran had got some ready-made buttercream for me to use. And I have to say, I thought it would be a lot easier... However, I kind if think maybe the buttercream was too thick and the nozzle was too big (note that I am trying to come up with as many reasons as possible so I cannot blame myself). So maybe next time I will try use a smaller nozzle and using home-made buttercream.

The best one I did, so proud!
My first try, tad too much buttercream...

 Has anyone got any tips to help me improve my icing techniques?

Thank you in advance for any tips given :)

Quick update - I sent off my UCAS form for university, and one of my choices has offered me a place already! That is if I get the grades though, but I am still so pleased. Although, I have a few butterflies in my stomach still and feel a tad nervous about the idea.

Hope you are having a lovely weekend.
I am off for a Sunday roast at my grans tomorrow with the whole family from up north (there aren't many of us but it is still a rare occurrence)!

~Jazz

11 comments:

  1. Your cupcakes look delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look divine! i love the decoratiions with marshmallows and chocolate stars :)

    ♥mollie from musicandmollie

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum yum :) follow you ^^

    http://somethingstriggeredmma.blogspot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I know, it's harder than you think to make cupcakes, I think yours look nice though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, my first time cupcakes did not look this good! best thing about cake thought is even if it looks bad (which these most certainly don't!) it still tastes goood!

    http://thewoollenmitten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! I have been baking a lot lately! Must be the season!?

    Ryan @ Thismustbetheplaceryan

    ReplyDelete
  7. you can start from the middle using a longer thinner nozzle and do a rose! :') you work your way round the cupcake.. I saw it on youtube :') xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those cupcakes! Such an amazing works!♥

    I'm new to blogger. Would you check mine out?
    http://depxoxo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would you follow my blog? I'll follow back ♥

    http://depxoxo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)