Tuesday, 22 November 2011

Brave souls.

One thing that has been on my mind lately is the Titanic disaster. I don't know why really, I just suddenly decided a few days ago to look into it a bit more, and oh God, it is just so sad what happened. So many people died and they must have been so brave. I can't even imagine how they would have felt the night it began to sink. I don't even know why I am writing this, as I don't have much to say about it because I get so emotional! But I think one of the stories that touches me most about the Titanic sinking is the one about an old married couple, and the wife was being forced onto a lifeboat but she refused because she didn't want to leave her husband, (you see them in David Cameron's 1997 film portrayal of the incident, they are lying on the bed, holding each other, as the ship goes down) so they both go down with the ship together. Although, every aspect of the story touches me and I think it always will.


A problem I have though is that, since watching the film when I was little, I have been terrified of boats and water (there was also another incident with water which did not help my fear!), I would probably be fine with boats if they were not on water! I most likely only fear them because they travel on it. So in a way, I wish I didn't see the film, because it scares me so much. But everyone should see the film (preferably when they are older), as next year, it will be 100 years ago that it happened, and every individual that died that night should be remembered.


How do you feel about what happened?

~Jazz

2 comments:

  1. It's a wonderful story of bravery and sadness.... A little fact for you now -- the hero captain of the rescue ship (Carpathia) a Captain Arthur H Rostron lived only a couple of streets away from where I live now. Heheeee....
    Sweet blog post but please don't let that disaster ruin any boats in the future.
    Jennie. X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)