(Thought of a name and decided on Thursday's (obviously) yayy)
So the other morning, I was thinking, when does a girl actually start classing themselves as a woman? Like, what day in their lives do they suddenly call themselves a woman and not a girl? Right now, if someone asked me, for example.... hmm... "how old are you and what gender are you?" I would reply, "a 17 year old girl". But I'm not actually classed as an adult yet, so I'm right to call myself a girl. But when I turn 18, I know full well I still will not class myself as a woman, I would class myself as a girl, but I probably should class myself as a woman because I will be classed as an adult then, am I making any sense!?
To me, when I think of a woman, I think of a 25+ year old. But then I think, "what are the females aged 18-24?", because they're not girls, because I see girls as younger, but I don't see them as women because they're are still young. But I can't see myself saying one day that I am a 'woman' because it doesn't seem right.
If I am asked to picture a woman in my head, I would think of quite a tall female that is a good build, like a size 12, with a mature looking face and like 'adult' clothing, like smart-ish I suppose. And also a good sized bust! Like a C cup at least. I really have no idea how to explain myself, but I would not fit into what I see in my head as a woman, so I feel like I can never class myself as one any time soon. Not that I mind, I quite like being young in all honesty. I know all women aren't tall, size 12 with C cup boobs, and every woman is different, but if I have to explain how I would picture a 'woman' that is the type of woman that would immediately pop into my head so it's weird that I would have to call myself a woman one day when I don't meet my own picture of one! I really hope I am not offending anyone, but these things just baffle me. Ah, scary times growing up hey?
Do you have any idea on when you started classing yourself as a woman?
Or are you still just a girl in your head?
Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks of these weird things!
Jazz

crazy, I was just thinking about that this week! I think on our outward appearance we will look like a grown woman but I think we always be
ReplyDelete"girls" on the inside. if that makes sense..? lol
I'm also 17 and its weird to think I will be an adult soon! Its a bit scary but so exciting too! :)
I'm still a child in my head.. Heheeee.. But any girl can carry themselves off as a woman, it's all about attitude and confidence which I believe defines the difference between a girl and a woman. The older one gets the more comfortable we are in our skin and the confident we become with our decisions. Enjoy being young as long as possible... No rush to really grow up any time soon. Jennie. Xx
ReplyDeleteHa, I'm in my twenties and I always refer to myself as a girl. Like you said, I also picture a woman as a larger person. It just seems weird to use the term woman when talking about myself. I feel too petite and cute for that shit.
ReplyDeleteLove this thought bubble Thursday idea!
I think the difference between a girl and a woman is her level of maturity. I'm twenty and still can't fully decide whether or not I'm a woman yet - it really depends on the situation I'm in and how I handle myself. I think I'm still in that transition stage because I can be both, and that's ok with me. :)
ReplyDelete