Thursday, 8 March 2012

Thursday Thought Bubble: There's always an end.

I've always kind of thought this, but always wondered when it would happen.
I haven't been blogging for ages, but I think I blog fairly often at the moment, not as often as some bloggers, but I keep up to date with it most the time. At some point though, maybe next week, maybe next month or maybe in a few years, I am going to get fed up with blogging, or not find the time for it, or there may be some other reason I will give up. So fair do's, it'll be nice to look back on my blog in the future and I have to stop at some point. However, who knows, I might blog for the rest of my life! But I really want to know when I will suddenly stop blogging and why. What will my last ever post be? Hopefully not as dull as my first!

But, what when bloggers I follow stop doing posts? I don't know about you, but I feel with a lot of the blogs I follow I am kind of attached to them! I don't always comment but I enjoy reading them when I have the time, so when / if they stop blogging, I will be distraught! Well... I don't really know what the right word is, but I'll be pretty miffed. Like, say I am 70 years old and most likely everyone has stopped blogging, I'll be thinking "Hmm I wonder what happened to them?", "I wonder what they did with their life in the end?", "I wonder if they got married &/or had kids?".

I think it's a little weird that one day I probably will be thinking these things, because a while back I was going through all the blogs I follow to see if I definitely still wanted to follow them, and so many of them hadn't posted in months and I just find it so bizarre that they may never post again!

There's always an end to everything, of course, but hopefully my blogging days, and yours too, are far from the end!
(If yours does end soon, expect my worst scowling face, honest.)

Jazz

5 comments:

  1. I've pondered the same thing. Sometimes I feel like blogging is a chore. To keep people interested and things fresh and I feel like my posts can get pretty boring. I definitely won't ever have enough time or thoughts to blog daily and I can't even keep up with the blogs that do. I have my favs (yours included) that I try and make sure I get to read and comment. I want to keep blogging and getting better at it but I know I won't do this forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it always bothers me when people don't say goodbye and just STOP posting. I have never given any thought to this because I don't ever see myself stopping, although realistically, I might take a break at some point... We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so with Amanda. When people suddenly stop blogging I get nervous. In fact, I'm messaged bloggers in the past just to make sure they are okay.

    I have no clue when I will stop blogging, but I'll try to at least say goodbye to people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know what you mean. there's a blog i love that hasn't been updated since august, but i check it every day to see if there's a new post. i hope that when i stop blogging, i will post something about being on hiatus. because i always wonder what happened to the blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's interesting what you're thinking! I've already asked myself that question before...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)