OOO two posts in one day.
This can only mean one thing. A rant is coming on.
At some point in your life, you will most likely be left out of at least one thing, or ten or twenty or more. And without realising it, you will have probably left someone out of something, whether you were unsure whether to invite them somewhere or not, or you just generally forgot about them.
But when you're older and a bit more mature, you're more likely to have proper reasons for leaving someone out or realise when you're leaving someone out, or if you yourself are left out of something, it most likely won't bother you, because shit like that happens in life.
But what really pisses me off is when kids leave other kids out of things. Obviously they don't realise they're doing it, but I don't know what is so hard for kids to ask someone to join in with a game. Surely they notice when another kid is standing there on their own?
You're probably wondering why I'm suddenly so pissed off. My mum's friend has three kids, and because she had the three of them when I wasn't so so young, I've seen them grow up - mainly the youngest one who is almost 6, so without saying he is my favourite (he's not), I'm just a lot more attached to him.
Josh joined Beavers (like a boy scouts group for like 5-7 year olds or something) quite some weeks back, and he said no one was letting him join in with the games at first. No one really thought anything of it because kids are like that, and they make friends pretty easy. However my mum's friend has just come round and told us these kids are still not letting him join in with games.
To say I am fuming would be an absolute understatement. I can't understand why it is so hard for these other lads to let him join in with games, and why the hell haven't the leaders/adults noticed? Fair enough the first few weeks are understandable, but after over a month of him being ignored is a little pathetic. I know they're only young, but Josh isn't exactly shy and he's the kindest lad ever, so I highly doubt he is the one not wanting to join in.
Kids can be so damn cruel sometimes when there's no need for it. GRRRR.
I have a feeling if I ever become a mother, I will be a slightly insane one.
Ever seen a child be left out of something? Were you as pissed off?!
Jazz

This definitely struck a cord with me. First, Josh is insanely adorable! In the least creepy way I would play with him any day! Second, I remember feeling left out so much as a child. My older sister was a dickhead and though we shared a lot of the same friends they took a liking to her more and would often see me as the annoying younger sister and leave me out of games or whatever they were playing. Then there were the times in school when kids were assholes to me for no reason and left me out. (Probably just jealous that I was cooler, I don't know.) I agree that the parents/adults need to be more aware of what's going on. Parents can be so oblivious and it gets really annoying. I'll see a kid at the park push another kid or about to fall or trip or something and the adult responsible is just chitchatting or not paying attention. SO ANNOYING!
ReplyDelete