There are so many songs that remind me of times from when I was quite a bit younger, most of it is extremely cringey. I've tried to make them pretty unknown.
Mr Bojangles - Robbie Williams
My mum got this album when I was around the age of 8 and like me, when she finds an album she likes, she will replay it a billion times. This is just one of the songs from the album, but when I hear this song I feel soo nostalgic! I always used to sit in my room playing with my toys and my mum would stick the album on really loud and sing along to every single one. She's not played the album for years but I'd love to dig it out. (Oh and now I'm a serious Robbie lover, damn you mum.)
Very Last Moment In Time - Lindsay Lohan
Oh dear, you might say, Lindsay fucking Lohan?! Yes. I admit it, I loved her album. My mum went insane from it constantly being played.
Welcome To The City - Amy Diamond
When I was in contact with my dad, me and my brother used to go over to Sweden every summer to visit him. My dad had got me the CD of a young girl just one or two years older than me and I absolutely fell in love with her! Again, just one the songs from the album, but this one was constantly played on the Swedish radios at the time, and my brother and dad had to suffer it every time it came on, I refused to let them turn it over! (Just showed my brother this song and he went "ohhhh my God, get it off" ha!)
The Hard Knock Life - Annie
Man, I loved that film. My mum hated it the amount of times I rented it. No idea why she never bought it me.
Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride - Lilo & Stitch
I know, this is a weird one! In one of the Sunday's papers, a free Disney CD came with it, and this song was on it! Absolutely love it! I used to sit with my CD player on my knee and kept pressing the back button whenever the song turned over.
Goodbye May Seem Forever - The Fox & The Hound
This is a sad film. And a sad song. Can't speak about it anymore or I will cry.
There were the more obvious ones as well of course like The Spice Girls (oh how I love them), Steps, S Club 7, Aqua, Britney Spears, Kelly Clarkson (the album Breakaway actually stopped working because I must have played it so many times), Natasha Bedingfield, Atomic Kitten, Busted. I could probably name a million and one more!
I'd also do a few other Disney ones but I'm sure you know all those ones!
I'd also do a few other Disney ones but I'm sure you know all those ones!
What songs remind you of your childhood?
Jazz
I love this post :) some of these songs brought back memories
ReplyDelete