Oh man. I loved this doll.
I received it in 2000 I think, possibly 2001, so about age 6 or 7. It was my first 'proper' doll. Like one that actually did something. Mind you, all it did was have a switch and made noises, not like the new ones that actually cry and move and do loads of creepy shit, mine was the oldest one going. (The pic on the right isn't even of the one I had, but it's the oldest version I could find!)
I carried on playing with it consistently until about the age of 11 when I thought I was getting too old for it. But I think I could have easily carried on playing with it for a few more years!
Memories with this present.
My mum pointed it out in the Argos (or Index, who remembers that shop?!) catalogue and asked if my cousin would like it, I must have said yes!
I threw a 1st birthday party for it on a random date with my next door neighbour, who also brought her Baby Annabell round. My mum took us to the shop to pick out the party food and shiiiiit, we went hyper that day.
I told my dad once that I couldn't speak to him on the phone because I was watching 'my baby'.
I got this amazing pram for it that had a reclining seat and rain-cover and basket, it was the best pram ever. I used to put my doll in it and take her everywhere, with all her toys. Oh and I had a Baby Annabell carseat and changing bag that I took with me whenever me and the doll went in the car!
My mum used to take me to carboot sales where she would buy me secondhand baby clothes for Baby Annabell.
Before my neighbour got the same doll, we once did a 'toy trade' for the night, where she lent me her King Furby and I lent her my doll.
Ahhhhh, I so want to go back to the age where I could play with my doll now!
Did you have a favourite doll that went everywhere with you?
Jazz


I did, I had a 'me '2' you' doll, she was tiny so I would pretend that she was premature, and I called her Jessica. Now my little sister has her, and when she is being rough with her I have to tell her off!
ReplyDeletexox
Aww I had a little lamb purse for mine too and got waay too excited buying all the different clothes!!
ReplyDeletexx