Kinda feel like I now start loads of blog posts with "sorry...". Well anyway, sorry for being MIA and not reading blogs. I've been overloaded with quite a bit of university work and obviously Christmas is around the corner so been doing a bit of shopping, and also I have been doing other bits and bobs and had places to be.
I wouldn't say December has been great so far, not for any particular reason, just some things haven't gone completely to plan and been a little stressy over some things, but all sorted now!
Also I've been contemplating getting a student house with some other girls next year. I really, really want to but if you've been reading long enough you may know I wanted to go to America in 2014, and I'm not sure whether getting a house next year will delay this because of the money. So I'm trying to save as much as possible, but this might also be quite difficult because I'm debating whether to quit my job and find another one...
I know that's a stupid idea because so many people are desperate for a job and would do almost anything, but I just can't stand working with the older woman. Every time I work with her I come home crying because she's just such a bitch to me. That sounds so pathetic but when you're shouted at all day over silly things and everyone else is treated really well, it starts to get a little overwhelming and you get sick of it. She did pull me aside this weekend just gone and apologise to me and said she felt awful, but it's every damn week and it's just really pissing me off now. And I can't really tell the boss how I feel because she's the boss' mum.
Along with many other people in the world, I've been feeling pretty emotional since the shootings in Newtown on Friday as well. Mass murders like that one really get to me and I don't know why. Obviously you should feel sad, but I always feel really upset for ages. I was going to blog over the weekend but I just felt so glum and sad about what had happened. Then to piss me off (I apologise now if I offend anyone's views, but I've been brought up in England so I have a pretty strong opinion on this...) someone on Facebook was saying that guns weren't the problem and it probably would have happened regardless and America should actually allow teachers to be armed with guns to protect them against things like that. Like, what the actual fuck? Are they being serious? I've never actually understood why America (not the public but like whoever controls the system) are so cool with guns being about. I don't mean to compare countries but it's just so different here in the UK. I've never even seen a real life gun in England, I'd have no clue where you'd go to buy them or how you'd even be allowed to have one. So I don't know how so many people in America can have access to guns so easily. Like the psycho's mother had 5 or something, 5 guns!! Why on earth would she need 1 gun, never mind 5. I understand people like to feel like they could arm themselves incase something happens in their home, but I don't know how a gun would help the situation. So that just annoyed me when the annoyance on Facebook posted that. Especially saying teachers should have guns. Seriously? Around kids as young as 4 or 5? Oh wow.
If you want to argue against me, please feel free, I don't mind, everyone is entitled to their opinion!
Anywaaaaay. I may post before Christmas, I'll see whether I've cooled down with life!
Hope you're all ok :)
Jazz


I've been thinking about posting about the shooting as well. I'm so angry and sad right now that I know for sure I'm going to go off the deep end and offend someone. Gun laws differ by state but I know that the state I live in has really lax laws. For instance you can go to what's called a gun show (a place where you can look at and buy guns, held once a month or so) and just buy one. Actually, I think the law is you're only allowed to buy three a MONTH but that's a lot of fucking guns. I think they do a background check to make sure you don't have any felonies and then the gun is yours. You don't have to have any sort of competency test or mental illness screening or anyone vouching for you. I know the sicko who did this horrible thing took the guns from his mom, who legally owned them. I'm not saying guns should be outlawed completely but it needs to be tougher for people to get them. Assault riffles need to be completely destroyed, there is no reason to ever own one of those.
ReplyDeleteHello Miss Jazz! I've been reading your blog and you're adorable! I just wanted to weigh in on the the shootings. I'm quite a bit away from things living in California, but it has been quite the topic of conversation in the states. I agree with you- weapons breed violence- and with that being said, I've never seen a gun either! America isn't as violent as the media makes it seem. These shootings have been becoming more and more common because the states have no solid mental healthcare provided. It's quite sad, actually. I have family in London and Greece and while there are so many amazing things about the US, I think the ignorance is our biggest fault. I would not want to have children going to a school where guns are even in the parking lot! Then that just reflects about our inability to focus on the real issue....which Americans are really good at. ;) Have an amazing New Years!
ReplyDelete