Saturday, 29 December 2012

Christmas and other bits.

Sick of Christmas now? Sorry, I'll make it short!

Unfortunately on Christmas Eve I felt seriously ill so did not move off the sofa. And unfortunately for me again this carried on 'til Christmas day. My temperature was sky high, I felt ridiculously dizzy, my head was banging, I was having nose bleeds (eee) and just didn't feel up to Christmas. I almost didn't get dressed up for Christmas because I was just so hot I thought I would just sweat off all my new makeup within seconds of applying it (gross, I know, but it's the truth - maybe I need to rethink exactly what I put on here), however I decided against that because I was so desperate to try everything! I just stayed out of most pictures during the day. However, apart from being on my death bed it was quite a nice day. Things were a little awkward to begin with because my family hasn't been getting on great lately, but was nice regardless and everyone made an effort.


Then on Boxing Day my auntie, uncle and 3 younger cousins came up to us from near London. They normally only come for 2 nights, but this time they came for 3 which was a little much because there is just so much noise 24/7 when they are around! My gran also wanted a picture of all her grandkids because she hasn't got one, and it is safe to say, we are all so unphotogenic. Also in the pouting one, my uncle asked us to pout, notice how the girls immediately do it, and look at the boy's faces.


I also noticed over Christmas how my gran's age is starting to catch up with her. She's starting to become like, not herself. She still is like her, but there's just certain things that are starting to change. She started repeating herself a lot at the beginning of the year and now she's starting to actually forget where she is and what she's doing. I suppose lots of old people go through this but it's different when it's your own gran and your only ever gran. I might be wrong but I used to see her as having so many years left (as herself) but now I'm not so sure. I don't really want to see her turn into one of the old people that forget who they are and everything about themselves, and lose all the great qualities they have, but it's looking like the family is going to have to deal with that because it looks like that's the way it's going, I just really really don't want her to have to move into a care home and I know she doesn't want that either.

Oh yeah, who saw that Channing bloody Tatum got his wife up the duff?! I'm not jealous. Really. I'm not. Honest.

Jazz

2 comments:

  1. aw, sorry you were poorly for Christmas, there is so much going round at the moment it's insane :( xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I both were sick on Christmas. I woke up at 4 am and got violently ill and felt terrible the whole day. You seriously look so gorgeous though!

    I'm sorry about your grandma, btw. I hope she remains sharp and physically well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)