This post is a chat about a few little things. None of them are big so I thought I'd merge them into one post. I'll put them under headings.
Seeing old friends grow up.
When I was going out with my ex, one of my best friends at the time also started going out with a lad and the four of us got on really well and we had double dates here and there, it was a really nice time in my life. However, obviously as people grow up and go their separate ways, me and my friend had disagreements and stopped speaking, then not soon after, her and her boyfriend split up, then two years later me and my then boyfriend split up. I have never spoke to any of them since. However through Facebook, I learnt my (then) friend's ex boyfriend got a new girlfriend and last year they heard the news they were expecting a baby. This weekend just gone, the male friend I used to go on double dates with became a dad! I've just seen some photos on Facebook, and oh my, it is so weird. Just over three years ago we were all teens going on double dates together and now all of us have moved on and he now has a kid. I mean he's still quite young at only 21, but still - it's so bizarre how things have changed and it feels like I'm getting really old seeing old friends starting their own families. I'm very happy for him and his new girlfriend though and the baby is adorable.
One year down.
I have only three weeks left of my first year at university then in a few months I will be a second year, with only another year after that until I graduate. This is scary. Why is time going so fast? I remember starting this blog in my last year of college as I was applying for universities and waiting to hear back from them. It feels as though before I know it I'll be writing a blog post telling you all about my graduation. (I feel so queasy right now.)
Not so much a date, but I still had fun. - Just to clear up, I am always honest when I talk about my life, I never add little bits to try and make my life sound amazing or seriously crap, however I explain my personal life is exactly how it is in real life. Hence why in this section my love life just sounds ridiculously shit.
Okay first off, thank you to those who commented about my confusion over two boys, it really did help! Now onto what happened. I agreed to see the guy who actually "asked me out" and we just decided to keep it simple and meet at a cafe in the afternoon. However before this day, the other guy asked me to go round to his to just hang out and watch some films, I was a bit skeptical and said I was not going to go if he didn't really want me there and he was just going to use me. He insisted he really wanted me to come and he had been trying to drop hints for ages for me to meet up with him. I had a good think and said yes, but only for a few hours as I had work the next day. I asked him what time and he went really off with me saying "ooh I don't know", a few hours later he still hadn't text back or given me a time, and then about tea time he text saying "oh I forgot I had a really big piece of work in for tomorrow, can you come tomorrow?", I just told him to leave it, seeing as he didn't even apologise. He keeps asking me to go round but I keep saying I will see him around at university. I'm still texting him but I'm not as friendly as I was before, I do not do messing about!
Now onto this 'date'. I was a bit confused as to whether it was actually a date or not as this guy just did not seem interested in me in the slightest, there was no flirting whatsoever and he hadn't brought up seeing each other since we had last spoke about it, and we hadn't agreed on a day. I was getting a bit annoyed so I just asked him whether he still wanted to meet up or not, to which he suggested meeting the next day at the cafe - I agreed. Well I got there 15 minutes late (two buses didn't turn up) and felt awful, then when we got in the cafe I only really wanted a glass of water and the guy didn't even offer to pay for it, which then just gave me the idea it was definitely just friends meeting up, which I found weird because I wouldn't even consider him a proper friend yet because I don't know him so well, so why were we meeting up? We spent almost three hours in the cafe talking and we had a laugh, then he checked his phone and kind of started shuffling about in his seat so I asked if he wanted to go, to which he said just said "yeah okay". Then we went and got the bus together and he got off before me, I didn't quite catch what he said when he was going but he said something, then said "see you later". I was a bit pissed to be honest because I did quite like him but I just felt it was more like a friends thing and I didn't expect him to text again because I just thought that would be awkward. However that night he text me saying he had a good time and we should do it again sometime. At first I was like "ooooh I'm so happy la la la." Then I felt a bit grim. Call me pathetic, but I don't have a fucking clue how to take that text. Does he mean we should meet up as friends again or actually go on a proper date? Or was he just being polite and does he not really want to meet up again? He's been a lot chattier over text since we met up but we haven't mentioned going out again after he sent that. I am so confused.
Woah, that turned out slightly lengthy.
I may have already said this but sorry for not commenting on posts (not just lately but for quite a while now). I don't often come on my laptop and come on Blogger anymore. I downloaded Bloglovin on my phone and find it a lot easier to read blogs on the go, however find it annoying to comment from my phone. I will try and come on my laptop more!
Hope everyone is good!
I don't have any relevant pictures for this post so here are two from my Instagram - I tried Pop Tarts for the first time and found them scarily sickly, and I was being a pain in the arse in the car.
Jazz
Boy's eh.. Just let him do the chasing while you scope around for someone better and less confusing! x
ReplyDeleteI'm with the above poster: BOYS! Grrrr - he's probably just as nervous/confused about all this as you are. But of course, you never know how to read them.
ReplyDeleteHey! Sorry i've been really bad too at commenting on blogs and have been so busy lately but i've just logged on now to see if you'd posted as to what happened with the two guys..and yep, totally agree with the above two comments!! god i could just shake them both!! I wouldn't wait around for either of them..i seriously don't get them at all??? (but then that's boys all over isn't it!) Hoping your well though, lately i've found it hard to keep up with my blog but always really lovely to catch up on your posts xx
ReplyDelete