May be some swearing in this post, be warned!
You probably know by now I am very, very short. I am 4ft11 or 1.48m.
I'll admit a lot of the time I hate my height, it's just annoying. I can't reach top shelves, I can't see the size on the clothes hangers if they're high up, it makes me look like a 14 year old and stumpy, finding the right pair of jeans is near impossible, driving a car is hard because I have to put cushions behind my back, I have to climb the whole kitchen just to reach the one stupid item right at the back of the top shelf and it is pretty hard to sit on spa beds/doctor's beds, etc because it is way too high up.
Aside from all this I don't really give a shit that I am a midget. I'm known by many of my friends as the small one. I've always been the smallest friend.
However something really wound me up the other day. I was rejected because of how small I am! Is this seriously how shallow males are these days?
We exchanged numbers on a night out (God I sound like I do this a lot, I really don't, it has just happened a few times in the last few weeks), please bear in mind I was wearing 4 inch heels, and he was really sweet and walked me back to the taxi as I had to leave earlier than everyone else. He told me he would text the following day, which he did and was a very friendly lad.
We carried on texting and were having a laugh and he kept hinting to meet up, eventually asking to see me sometime to go to the cinema and to go on the ferris wheel at night. I thought "Oh. My. God. He is perfect, how cute is that?" I agreed and told him when I was free, we agreed Friday night.
This is where things started to get a little weird - he stopped texting me but carried on messaging my friend on Facebook and started asking how tall we all were. She told him her height - 5ft1, which he was really shocked at, and she said she wasn't sure on my height but said I was smaller. It appeared as though he didn't believe her, so he started messaging my other friend asking about their heights then was eager to know my height, again she wasn't sure.
So eventually he text me back and then asked how tall I was - I replied "Shorter than when you met me, how tall are you?" He replied "What's your height though? I am 6ft2." I told him I was 4ft11 and he started going all weird on me, wondering about whether I always wore heels and I told him only on nights out, then when I asked him why he was so eager to know he kept ignoring the question, so I kept on asking, to which he eventually replied, "Okay you're really cute it's just I didn't know how tall you were, I've never really spoken to what you describe as a short girl, I was just thinking would it look weird?" I told him looks shouldn't really matter, and he said he agreed, so then I said "But you were just insinuating looks mattered because you thought it would 'look' weird?" and he replied "I was just enquiring." Enquiring?! I'm not a fucking shop item you aren't sure you want to buy or not. So then he said he didn't think he could do Friday night anymore and he would probably just see me out in town again over the next few weeks. So I text him last night (the same Friday night I was meant to see him) asking if he was doing anything that evening and the fucking cheek of it, he replied "Just out having drinks, you up to anything?!;)".
I can't even begin to explain my shock at his reaction to my height. My ex was 6ft and it did not bother him and other lads I have got quite close to this year haven't mentioned anything regarding my height! Yeah they laugh about it but they don't brush me off because I'm shorter than most girls. I find it more annoying I genuinely thought he seemed like a decent lad then turned out to be a shallow dickhead!
This would have been the height difference - yes I will admit it probably does look weird but I never thought a lad would be so bothered by height to completely reject someone because they're shorter than average!
Jazz

i hate how some men are so shallow about girls' heights, i mean it's not like we can help it, nor should it matter! xxx
ReplyDeleteGod reading that actually has made me really angry!! What an absolute shallow ****! You are so bloody gorgeous what the hell does it matter?! Seriously do not get him grrr!! (by the way i'm only 4 inches taller than you (really not that much when you think about it) and my husband is the same height as this guy, never been even thought it was "weird". Ok so occasionaly people have commented that they didn't realise how short i was until they saw me without my heels on, but never made me think that there was anything strange about it. So he's the WEIRD one full stop!. xxx
ReplyDeleteTHIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE! I'm around 5'2 or 5'3 and I've been rejected because of my height >.< Men are dicks. Plain and simple.
ReplyDeleteThat is so bizarre to me. I've been rejected due to being too tall (5'9") but I thought guys love tiny little girls. That guy was a weirdo. That's all.
ReplyDelete4''11 and 13 and I thought that was bad!
ReplyDelete