Saturday, 24 September 2011

How I fail at getting a job.

I need one.



I have applied everywhere I can think of.


And I still can't get a bloody job.




I'm seventeen, and receive £20 a week from college, which is actually great, I love receiving it, I'm hardly going to turn it down, am I? But, to be honest, I want to earn some money, and meet some new people, and it would be nice to work in a shop I like, and be allowed a discount... that would be nice indeed.


People are moaning that teenagers need to be kept off the street and get a part time job or do things in their spare time. But to do things in my spare time, I need money. Yes, I could use my £20 a week, but I'd like to save that. So the only thing I can do, is get a job. So I've applied practically everywhere, yes? I'm talking quite a lot of places I've applied to. And guess how many responses I've had back?
2.


Yes, I did that pathetically small because it is stupidly embarrassing and ridiculous (and it is a pathetically small number). All these places that have advertised jobs, and I've only had TWO replies? And don't even think I've been offered an interview, never mind a job, one said;
"We regret that your application has not been accepted this time round."
This time round? There won't even be another next time, as if I'm applying there again (well I probably will, I'm that desperate) even if I did want to work with the cute hamsters and rats. I reckon they sensed I have a hatred for rabbits. 

The second reply read;
"Congratulations!"
Oh. My. God. It sounded pleasing. I think my heart probably stopped for a second. But then I carried on reading...
"You have passed the first stage of our application..."
The first stage? Are you having a laugh? I thought it was an application and an interview, then boom, you get the job (hopefully anyway). Oh no, this place wanted me to answer scenarios and questions about my personality, estimated to take up to half an hour. No one ever prepared me for all this. No one ever warned me. Warned me how much hassle applying for a job could be.



So I carried on and did all the scenarios, all the questions about my personality. Carried on past half an hour until I finished them. I felt quite pleased with what I had done, so I kept my hopes high.

I came home from college the next day and immediately checked my emails. They had already replied and I was pretty anxious to open it, but I did.


I   HAD   GOT   THE   JOB.




Only kidding, the bloody sods rejected me.


~Jazz

3 comments:

  1. I have exactly the same problem, finding a job is a nightmare. I hope you find something soon though!! good luck!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is! I'm still jobless!

    Aw, thank you! Good luck to you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That happened to me when I was looking for a job last year. So, like my boyfriend I decided to go for Substitute Teacher, which is a person that goes in representation of you teacher when he/she is missing. I like the job, I get to meet many kids...some make my job hard, but like my boyfriend says they make us WORK for our pay. Hope you find a job =) Wish you lots of luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)