I've not posted about any of my driving lessons yet. Mainly because I cringe thinking back at them. And I've only had three.
My first lesson was actually not so bad. I did 13mph the whole lesson but made it up to 18 before I almost sh*t myself and had to slow down. Seriously, cars go bloody fast. I learnt how to do left turns and learnt the basics. I also drove in a wavy line down straight roads. I stalled twice.
My second lesson was a little nerve-wracking as I started rolling down a hill, went on a main road, then my mother drove past waving at me like a nutter. How.. off putting. I reached 22mph and in all honesty, things started to look pretty good, I was getting the hang of things, I learnt to turn right and my driving was straight. I only stalled once.
And today I just had my third lesson. Holy CRAP. The instructor decided that she no longer needs to drive me to 'safe places', I can drive from my house and up to town, round the lake, then back home. What. A. Disaster. Things were going fine. Then I took about 5 minutes to turn onto a busy road. I stopped in the middle of a busy road. Started to turn left when I was meant to be going straight. Slammed the breaks many times. Almost took someone's wing mirror off. Almost killed about 5 different twats on bikes (honestly I am being deadly serious). Almost killed a bird that decided to RUN across the road and not use its wings. Stalled twice when turning, then twice when the traffic lights changed to green. I was at the front of the queue as well and it's a busy road, so it's safe to say I stopped a lot of cars getting through the lights. I used a lot of foul language, which was new to my instructor, my favourite being my reply to the bird - "stupid fucking bird, why can't you fly you annoying prick?". Oh my God I am so horrible. My anger is really starting to take over. It's just such hard work:( But I did drive a lot further than previously and I went through traffic lights for the first time and went through a crossroads!
I'm a rebel as well. I went 34mph on a 30 road. OH YEAH.
![]() |
| This is so going to be what I'm like. Yes, in cat form, too. |
So my lessons are on Monday's at lunch time. So stay off the road if you are in the north-west of England. You'll honestly regret it if you don't.
What were your first driving lessons like?
Jazz
(And thanks so much to those who commented on my previous posts, it really helped. I feel looooads better now, got to get over things at some point and always move forwards!)
(And thanks so much to those who commented on my previous posts, it really helped. I feel looooads better now, got to get over things at some point and always move forwards!)

*tears of laughter* at this post!! Driving is tough... not necessarily to learn but to anticipate what other nutters on the road are doing.
ReplyDeleteGood luck.. KEEP GOING.
jennie.x
My first lesson was terrible, I cried and refused to drive home xx
ReplyDeleteSorry for laughing, but I can relate. I'm in my twenties and though this is embarassing to admit, I don't drive. I am terrified of being behind the wheel. I was in a car accident at age seven and wonder if that has something to do with it. You will be fine though. I wish I learned to drive as a teen! Good luck and keep us updated. :)
ReplyDeleteMy first lesson involved breaking the speed limit. 8 years later and I'm not driving ;)
ReplyDeleteMy first lessons involved very cautious and apprehensive moves. I was a quick learner, but I was always so afraid of making mistakes that I kept second-guessing myself and got easily discouraged. I constantly needed reassurance from my mom that I was doing everything just right. My advice? Practice with your parents in remote areas or empty parking lots so you can become more comfortable behind the wheel. After a while, your actions will become instinct and you'll be just fine. Promise. :)
ReplyDelete