I've never really been that into alcohol, but every now and then I will crave a drink.
Lately, because everything has been a little shitty, I have been dying for one. Seriously. But I'd not had the chance to have anything for about 2 months. So when I went out on Saturday I stormed right into the chance of having a drink... or two... or three. And that was as far as I made it. I was nuts after 3 drinks in a row. Three. How embarrassing is that? And that wasn't even three proper drinks. That was just two shots and a double vodka and lemonade. And to make things worse I had just met my friends new boyfriend, and because I was in a world of my own, I was ranting and ranting to him about how life was so unfair lately, and he was being really nice explaining he had been in similar situations and was telling me everything does get better, but then out of nowhere I burst into tears. That poor guy. So my friends took me off to the toilets where I had another rant and cry, then in a matter of seconds I couldn't stop laughing and wanted to go and dance. I really wanted another drink as well, but according to them I wasn't allowed. I then sat down for about 2 hours as I couldn't even cope dancing because I was all over the place, although I think I got up about twice because I remember someone telling me not to stand somewhere because it was slippy. Seriously, having to sit down after 3 drinks, oh my.
Then as I was sobering up, my other friend got absolutely hammered, so I had to text her mum to come and pick her up and I had to walk her to the car on my own. What a fucking nightmare. Her mum couldn't have parked further away. My friend was in 5 inch heels, couldn't walk in them but was refusing to take them off, was holding onto me and the wall and was stumbling absolutely everywhere, was complaining she couldn't see anything and then decided to fall over and scratch her heels all up my leg. Ouch. Then she wanted to sit down for a few minutes and the only way I got her up was by telling her Channing Tatum was over by her mum's car. Then I had to cross a busy road with her. It would have been easier if I was completely sober, but I wasn't! Never again am I letting her drink. And she was one of the ones who refused to let me drink any more. Jeeeeeesh.
![]() |
| My rather drunk friend and an absolute mess on the right! (This was actually before things went downhill...) |
But I do feel so much better after that night out and I am officially starting 2012 again. I refuse to say this year started crap, so I will 'restart' it... as soon as my cold has gone.
What did you get up to over the weekend?
What did you get up to over the weekend?
Jazz

I'm a lightweight too. :)
ReplyDeleteI get buzzed after one drink. I hope you weren't hungover the next day.
Oh dear, that sounds like my sister, she's crazy anyway, but after about 2 drinks; oh my. Luckily for me I can handle my drink quite well, I'm thanking the mix of Irish and Scottish genes.
ReplyDeleteAnd this weekend I went to Scotland; it was lovely.
Hope you had a good time on your night out, I could really do with one.
xox
I tend to be the sober one on a night out cause I'm a complete lightweight xx
ReplyDeleteJazz, you're hilarious. What a crazy night! I used to be such a lightweight too. I know I have had my fair share of drunken rants to strangers, crying in public (that time I wasn't drunk) and have definitely had to help an inebriated friend out. I'm glad things are getting better. I was going to tell you that Channing Tatums birthday was actually the other day. Someone posted it on Facebook and I thought of you. :)
ReplyDeleteI cannot handle my drink AT ALL!
ReplyDelete