Thursday, 12 April 2012

Thursday Thought Bubble: Crying.

This may seem a bit of a weird and depressing post. But obviously the last few days have been a tad emotional and I have been crying a bit too much! Honestly, I could have filled a bathtub with the amount of tears I've produced. But sometimes you really shouldn't cry, say if someone is round or you genuinely can't have a red face for the next 10 minutes, or in my case, where yesterday morning I went shopping with my mum and almost burst out crying in Marks and Spencers - completely out of the blue (that would have been so embarrassing). & today I told my mum and my eyes like seriously filled up whenever she asked something! So I've been searching the internet to get ideas, and I've been trying to think of my own ways to stop myself from crying. Here is the result:

Look at the light or sun.

Bury your face in the cat's/dog's belly so then you spend the next ten minutes sneezing and pulling cat/dog hairs from your eyes.

Shout at yourself (in your head if you're in public or something) - "NO STOP IT. Pull yourself together for Christ's sake".

Press the tip of your tongue against the roof of your mouth really hard (this is actually the best, especially when in a situation where you can't act weird).

Make a weird noise and concentrate on it (mine has mainly been "HOM DOM DOM" - don't even ask, I have no fucking idea).

Take a deep breath in and breathe out whilst saying "weeeeeeee".

Grab a Creme Egg and eat away (I concentrate a lot whilst eating these).

Talk in a weird accent to yourself (I LOVE saying bacon like 'beer-can').

Try and lick your elbow.

Watch funny Youtube videos. (I recommend watching Ellen or cat videos - OR OMG YOU HAVE TO CHECK THIS OUT. So freeking funny.)

I do love crying, crying is good to let emotions out, but sometimes it is just so inconvenient, so I have taken up these ways to try and stop - fast.
What else do you do to try and stop letting the tears take over?

Also, who else thinks that crying in the bath feels so damn good? Or is that just me...?

Jazz

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so sorry that you're going through such a rough time. I know the feeling. You sound just like me. When I'm crying or upset and someone asks me if I'm okay or tries to comfort me it can actually make things harder to control. I don't know why, it just does. I can't think of anything to help physically stop yourself. Just know that in a week you will (hopefully) start to feel better. The more time that passes, the easier it will get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am a cryer and the best way for me to get over it is to be on my own for a bit, if anyone asks me what's up or if I'm on the verge of crying and someone says "are you ok?" it all comes gushing out. Hope you find a way to deal with this lovely : )

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)