Thursday, 26 April 2012

Thursday Thought Bubble: Maybe I'm just too open about things.

I've always been the type of person who will happily state how they feel about things, if something is bothering me, I'll let people know. And I've always been the type of person who will talk openly about things that some people consider personal.

Me and one of my friends can talk about anything. She knows most things about me, so I can openly talk about a variety of things with her. We'll discuss sex, periods, boys that walk past, which parts of our bodies we find flabby, what our health problems are, what drugs we would try. Seriously, you name it, we discuss it. And in all honesty, until recently I thought everyone could happily talk about anything, ok I'll dismiss health problems here because that's understandable, but everything else I thought everyone could happily talk about. 

But some people hate talking about this stuff! Like I think it was a few weeks ago or something, and I was talking about my period because it's never on time. But then this other female friend came over and I just like carried on talking and the look on her face was like, "Oh shit oh shit oh shit, I need to get out of here like now", like really!? Come on. I understand if boys don't want to talk about that stuff, but like I'm sure the majority of girls at college have had a period, there's no need to tip-toe round the subject.

Then me and one of my friends were discussing sex and one night stands today in lesson. And this other girl tuned in and she was SO repulsed! By the thought that others could openly talk about sex! Yeah ok, don't go fully into what your sex life is like in your relationships, that's personal. But she was disgusted by just a general topic on sex. I'm baffled.

I do get some people really do not like talking about this stuff, but it really makes me wonder why, because the world today is so open about everything. On the news there is always stuff about sex, drugs, body image. etc. So I just don't get why some people still can't talk about this crap. Fair enough if you aren't totally close with the person, but I know that some of my friends have best friends, who can't talk about anything along the lines of those subjects.

Like I'm texting one of my friends now about me becoming a lesbian (I'm not, but, if Katy Perry is reading this then - I AM A LESBIAN), and we're discussing our lack of sex lives. But this is such a general chat with us and it's just so normal to talk about. I couldn't imagine having a close friend who couldn't talk about any of this. It just wouldn't be normal to me.

Maybe I am a bit too open for my own good, but that's who I am. I'm happy to tell people problems that are going on in my life, I don't mind talking about stuff like this to others. If you don't talk about things, you're only going to be overly curious about many things and not know other people's thoughts!

Sorry if anyone has taken offense to this, I do not mean to cause it, just my thoughts and opinions.
Let me know if you have any thoughts on this :)

Jazz

2 comments:

  1. I am open too, much more so when i'm drunk!! haha.

    I try and read people to how open i should be. Some people must be disgusted. But, oh well!! they don't have to share. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never understand girls who wont talk about periods and sex like its completely taboo. Who cares, its every day life! haha xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)