Wednesday, 23 January 2013

A blog makeover - and a beg for advice.

I can't even tell you how long I have wanted to do up my blog. I absolutely hate how it looks, it's just so... erghh! I looked into getting one made exactly how I like it a few months ago, but that looked like it was coming up way too expensive, so I've been looking and found some premade ones that still look quite fancy and really nice that are a lot cheaper! I know others can have the same layout, but I highly doubt I will come across them. 

Although, the thing I have always hated most is "Jazz's World", I mean, what is that really? So many people have what I think of as 'proper' blog names and they're always really cool and quirky. So what I wanted to ask was, how did you think of these names? I know I'm on a Creative Writing course at university, but I actually find it hardest coming up with names for things. And coming up with a name for my blog is proving really difficult!

Any advice would be so appreciated!

Also, if I do think of a few different names, should I do a vote off kind of thing where you vote for your favourite name, or should I just shock the hell out of you all and possibly have named my blog something really dodgy?

Please let me know if you have any tips, I'd be so thankful if you gave any advice, little or big!

Jazz

3 comments:

  1. I spent about 3 days coming up with my blog name, I think I was just trying to combine things I like, originally I was going to call it 'The girl with a poppy tattoo', but I'm not getting that tattoo for a while, so it would have been silly to call it that 2 years before I actually get it.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chose my name based on a poem I like. Ok, I damn right plagiarized it but I really liked it at the time of choosing my name (I still like the poem). It's kinda a weird name but "mad girl" definitely suits me in more ways than one.

    I personally like your blog name and look, but if you do change the name I would LOVE for you to let your readers vote on it, that would be so fun.

    Also, as far as the design goes, there's nothing wrong with using pre-mades. I just had my blog re-done (and I know you like the look) by a professional. The person I used is amazing and really knew just what to do. The way she went about working with me on my likes/dislikes was really cool too, we used Pinterest to communicate. She would pin things that she liked, like colors/fonts and I would tell her what I thought. I'm really pleased. Anyway, she is just starting out and building her portfolio, but check her out, maybe you could negotiate a price.

    http://www.brokenroadcreative.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came up with my name straight away, just a strike of luck I guess! Sometimes I love the name of my blog, other days I hate it. I'm gonna have to change it in a year though because I won't be a teenager anymore! I like the idea of voting on a name though :) I might do that for my own blog! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)