Thursday, 3 January 2013

Not exactly what you'd call a father.

Sorry this is going to be a wingey post (first one of 2013 as well oops).

Quick catchup if you dont know - my dad is Swedish, lives in Sweden, not spoke to him properly or seen him since I was 11. I hate the man. That may seem selfish because some people haven't even been blessed with the chance of having a father, but no one (except my stupid brother) would want him as a father.

My dad has never paid for anything since me and my brother were born, he never paid for prams, cots, clothes, food. He only used to send the odd bit of money every now and then (I'm talking about £100 every few months). Then when me, my mum and brother started visiting him in Sweden when I was about 8, because he paid for the flights there, this gave him the idea he no longer needed to even send the odd bit of money. Instead he had a nice apartment, a car, motorbike, boat and many pricey hunting guns for himself, whilst my mum was having to borrow money off family members to put food on the table. My mum confronted him about not providing us with money (oh my mum is on less than £15k a year by the way), and he basically said he couldn't afford to give us money. So my mum wrote to the courts (England & Sweden) and explained the situation and how he should be providing her with money. At this point, me and my mum stopped going over to Sweden, at just 11 years old I hated his guts.

About 7 years later, after phonecalls and letters back and forth between the courts and my mum, the Swedish courts decided they wanted the signatures of the kids involved in the situation for some stupid reason, to say they are for our dad giving our mum money. Obviously I agreed. But my brother refused, so my mum had to write another letter explaining how wrong it was we had to get involved and that one of the kids wouldn't sign it.

6 months later (today), we get a letter stating the plug has been pulled on the whole thing because the Swedish courts want these signatures and my brother refuses. So my mum won't get any money she has lost out on over the last 18 years. She has never had money for anything for herself yet my stupid bastard of a father is over in Sweden with a house with a pool, renting out an apartment, has all these stupid guns and vehicles and crap, taking his girlfriend and her kid on nice holidays, and his own kids get nothing. I don't speak to him, so I don't want anything off him, but my brother does and he didn't even get a Christmas card or present off him this year, what kind of father is that? He doesn't even pay for my brother's flights over there anymore and only calls him about once a month. I don't understand why my brother likes him.

I'm just so annoyed and upset about the whole thing. All my mum's savings go on a cheap budget holiday once a year and then she has nothing left, yet he has all this crap he doesn't even need.

Sorry if this didn't even make sense, I wrote it on my phone!

Jazz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)