Sunday, 27 January 2013

Growing up and making decisions.

In the last few weeks I've really started to feel my age, if not a little bit older, I kind of know why, I kind of don't.

Obviously because I've been looking into moving away from home in September and then moving to America for a few months next year, I feel a lot more independent and (this will sound quite bad but I don't mean it in the tone it sounds) I feel like I don't really need my mum as much as I used to. Obviously I need her in my life, but I feel like I'm ready to move out now and I think I have for a long time. I'm very much an independent person and like to get things done on my own, and I believe moving out will give me independence I've wanted for a while now.


Okay, who loves my brother's Harry Potter glasses? He definitely started the trend. At age 13 on the right when I started to take a fancy to those things called 'boys'. & with my mum in Menorca last year. 


Then I was asked on a date which I guess creeped me out a little - I've never been on a proper date. With my ex, we never went on a date, we kind of just got together and had kind of date things when we were together. But I've never been on a date date. Like one where you go out with someone to get to know them before you're actually together (woah, did that even make sense?!). I actually made the decision the reject the guy, which I felt kind of mean about, but I'm not 14 anymore and I don't want to jump at the chance of going out with a guy just because he's asked me on a date. I think at 14/15 I was desperate to just have a boyfriend, the idea seemed amazing, but I don't think I was thinking about whether I was actually ready to be in a relationship. 

Right now I don't feel ready for a boyfriend - I seriously do not want that attachment to someone. I can't be bothered texting someone "Morning!" or "Night, love you!", it's just... ugh, it doesn't feel like my kind of thing. I know it sounds silly but that makes me feel really old. I don't feel like a young teenager anymore, I don't feel the need to rely on someone being there for me 24/7.

Then I got asked something which made me really think about what I want. And what I think I want makes me feel old. I still look at myself as a kid to be honest, but this thing that I got asked is so... adult-y ha! I'm still yet to make my mind up about it, but the problem is I'm not entirely sure what to respond!

I feel like I've changed so much in the last year, some good ways and bad!!

It's such a weird feeling growing up though. I've always wanted to grow up and get out and live my own life as soon as possible, but the actual feeling of growing up - I don't like it so much.

Jazz

Please also vote for a new name for my blog at the top right of my sidebar if you haven't done so already! Thanks to those that have!

2 comments:

  1. Your posts are always so interesting to me. I wish I documented things when I was your age but I was probably the complete opposite of you. (Well, I met my husband around when I was around your age but I was still very immature.) I was obsessed with being in a relationship when I was young too. I was an obnoxious, over dramatic, boy crazed teenager. If I liked a guy and he didn't like me back I felt so rejected and upset. Safe to say I had some major freaking issues! I am SO glad you're not like that though Jazz. You are way cool and down to earth and have such a good head on your shoulders. You seriously have always seemed older to me than you are. You are so insightful and mature, it makes me proud of you! :) Not that I have a damn thing to do with who you are, but I feel glad to know someone young and smart and going places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I totally agree with the previous comment by Sean Marie, you have always seemed older to me than you are well, and I always really enjoy reading your posts! You are much more mature than I think I was at your age, and I think you are definitely doing the right thing and totally agree with the reasons why you turned down going on the date. I wish i'd been like you, I have honestly never really been single since I was 17, as I'd always just agree to going out on a date with whoever asked me as soon as i'd come out of one relationship, and so i'd end up in another really quickly and they never worked out because in truth i was only going out with most of them because I was just so used to being in a relationship that I guess I was scared of being on my own! Now I look back and see how silly i was and how great it would have been to have been single for a while! One thing I DID do though is I lived on my own for a year or two as my boyfriend at the time worked away and i only saw him on weekends and i'm sooo glad I did that now as it really did give me so much more independence which i'm grateful for. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)