Sunday, 13 January 2013

Being prepared.

I've already done a similar-ish post this month where I've said I'm feeling super motivated to get things done this year and have as much fun as I can, but I can actually say I'm already getting on with things!

Normally, I would be the type of person to leave things until the last minute and even though this doesn't really stress me out when I leave things til late, it's probably not the best idea. But I've already done one assignment over a week in advance, even though that doesn't sound fabulous, I'm quite proud of myself for getting it done! It does feel slightly weird though that I'm not handing it in as soon as I've finished it ha!

I've researched into America a bit more and instead of going with Camp America in 2014, I think I am going to go with CCUSA. Because I didn't have much to say about myself when it comes to the interview (because I'm not the sportiest of people), I am going to get the premium membership at the gym (which is only £2 more a month, oo I love a bargain) which gives you free access to the activities (like tennis, zumba, dance, etc) as well as access to the gym and pool. Hopefully I'll then be able to get a little better at sports by 2014 then. I've also sent off enquires about being an assistant leader in Girl Scouts, so hopefully that will make me look a little more child friendly to work in a summer camp! The only problem I have with the application process (which starts in the summer or September, I think) is that from what I've read on the site, it seems like there is a lot of travelling to London for sorting things out such as your visa, and I don't exactly live close to London! It's about £70 return on the train, or I can get like a 6 hour coach for about £15, but I get really travel sick on motorways. Sooo I'm not exactly looking forward to that.

I've been working at the sandwich shop quite a bit whilst I've been off uni and I've already got the money to go to a festival this year. And I am also hopefully going to Ibiza with my friend this summer too! This sounds like a lot of money I'm going to have to save but I finish from uni pretty early, so have a lot of time to work. Also I want to do as much as I can this year with friends, as if I do end up going to America for the full summer next year, I won't see them!

That was such a random chat, but I'm actually quite chuffed I've been motivated, considering I'm the most unmotivated person you could ever come across. I'm even quite proud I'm blogging!!

So maybe my New Years Resolution is to stay motivated this year. 

How is your January going? 
Sorting out any plans for the rest of the year yet?

Jazz

4 comments:

  1. You're staying more motivated than me, I just can't be assed doing anything, I just want to sleep! Which gym are you at?
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm already procrastinating and giving up on any new years hopes I had for myself.

    You're doing great though, even if it's just looking into things and getting a head start on papers and such! Hope you save a lot of money for your trips, they sound exciting and it would be so neat if you visited the US!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for motivation. I feel like I'm lacking in that lately.

    I'm excited for you for your potential US trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anytime you feel like giving up make a list! They always help me stay focused and less overwhelmed! Remember how far you've come- not how far you need to go! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)