After ten solid months of having completely terrible driving lessons...
Today I passed my test!
(You may have seen me say this on my Twitter so sorry for the repeat if you did!)
| Sorry it's a slightly scary photo and my room is looking... not it's best. But I vowed to myself to include more photos on my blog. |
Okay, I did have 42 hours worth of lessons (ouch - average is about 25-30!!), and I did get 4 minors but I am so, so, so pleased!
The beginning didn't go so well because I suffer with quite bad anxiety (mainly in times of stress) and I was getting very shaky and getting palpitations and was tearing up a bit before I got in the car. This carried on for about ten minutes in the car but I think the examiner picked up on the fact I was having a silent breakdown and started talking to me about uni and stuff ha!
Even though I'm so happy it's all over, I will miss my weekly catch ups with my driving instructor. I've been having lessons with her so long I've heard about the pregnancy news of her daughter-in-law from the very beginning and heard about the birth of her first grandchild, so it's safe to say I've been getting to know my instructor for quite some time! So it was quite sad actually when I knew I wouldn't be getting in her car again for a chat as well as a lesson.
I won't be getting a car because of the insurance (if you don't live in the UK and are unaware of this - insurance for young people is bloody ridiculous, you'd be lucky to get insurance for about £2k on the crappest car going), but I'm just super pleased I've actually achieved something!
Read about some of my first driving lessons here!
Jazz
Woot woot! Go Jazz! Congrats.
ReplyDeleteIt is kinda weird when we develop sorta relationships with people through ties like that and then have to say good bye.
Good work, Jazz! Seriously, passing your driving test is a big milestone and a stressful one at that!
ReplyDelete:)
Congratulations! I remember when I passed! And I had more then the average driving lessons! :)
ReplyDeleteAdele-Marie xx
Adele | One Girls Obsession With Makeup
yayyy! congrats :3 I didn't think I would pass either, I was freaking out so much!
ReplyDeleteWahoooooooo - congrats!!!
ReplyDeleteYay Contratulations!!!! I'm super duper pleased for you!! :) xxx
ReplyDelete