Sunday, 17 February 2013

A Favourite Place

I've been coming here since I was about ten years old and even though I only come about twice a year (I don't think even went at all last year actually because of exams) I think it'll always be one of my favourite places ever.

It's an old run down mansion that's dated back to the 13th century and is just plopped right in the middle of a forest. It is so pretty. I feel so old writing this, and the majority of the people there were old, but it's just such a nice place. I always find it slightly eery when I walk around the grounds though because hundreds of years ago a family probably lived there and it was their private garden, and now random strangers are paying to gawp at a building that's falling down.

This is how it looked before...








And these are some photos I took today...







And some photos of the grounds...



Sorry I've not edited any of them and sorry about the watermarks, but I'm not sure if I'm going to put any on my Flickr yet!

Where's a place you like to go to chill out?

Hope you're having a nice weekend!

Jazz

5 comments:

  1. omg, these photos are absolutely gorgeous <3 I wish I had such a lovely place to go visit near me!

    I don't really have a specific place to go and chill... the closest would probably be the park near my school, it's nice to escape there when I feel antisocial :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, just reading about this makes me yearn to visit there! I can just feel a sense of wonder and magic imagining I'm in your shoes walking the grounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty pictures, I love gorgeous old buildings like this. Really enjoying your blog, now following! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow those pictures are gorgeous, I wish there were old buildings like that where I lived, they would definitely be my favourite place.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)