Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Seeing someone. Ish.

I did say a few posts back that I was really not interested in having a relationship, and I still don't think I am, but I'm not so sure.

I've been kind of seeing someone but I've told him I don't want a relationship and he's said he doesn't really want one, but we've still been meeting up and kind of acting like we're in a relationship. I don't even think I really like him like that, but I'm just enjoying the male company and it's nice to cuddle with a male again.

I suppose I'm happy with the situation, because I like meeting up just once a week and not speaking with him 24/7, and when we do meet up we have a good time and a good chat about everything and nothing, and when he drops me at the station and we say bye, I don't feel like I have to speak to him really soon, we can go days without speaking and it doesn't bother us. It's really nice to have someone there but not be attached to them. I guess we are kind of using each other, but if we're both happy with the situation, then great.

The only thing that bothers me is I don't know where it's going to go. Like does it just stay at this for so long then just stop? Or does it carry on and then turn into a relationship? He's said he'd like to try out a relationship (just in general, not necessarily with me) to see if he'd like it, and he keeps saying he thinks I want a relationship but I won't admit I do. I don't know if that means he'd like us to make a go of it or not. I have no idea.


I suppose it's kind of like the situation these two had in the film Friends With Benefits. If only I was Mila Kunis. Damn.

Anyone been in a similar situation? 
What happened?

Jazz

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect start to me.

    I have found once people put labels on relationships and make things "official" that's when the pressure comes and things can usually fall to shit pretty quickly.

    I have had friends with benefits, but I always ended up getting my feelings hurt because the guy never wanted a relationship and I eventually did. If he wants a relationship with you in the future then I don't see the harm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the situation between you at the moment is great however just be careful you don't end up getting hurt, from experience, it happens and it sucks x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to be Mila Kunis too! ;)

    It sounds like a great start. A lot of relationships start this way and if it is meant to be, it is. If not, you'll know.

    Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a very, very similar experience this summer EXCEPT I was 1} living with the boy I was 'with', 2} Because of that we cuddled, talked and had sex almost every night and 3} I ended up madly falling for him and he left. Boom, hurt. I didn't want a relationship, I just didn't want him to leave either. My little heart was torn :'[

    It sounds like a good start for you though; no pressure, no strings, just fun. That's the way it should be at the start and maybe later both of you will decide that you do want a relationship. Who's to say what's going to happen in the future?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)