Friday, 30 December 2011

"New Year, New Me"

Oh come on, likely story.

I hate this saying. The person someone is now is the person they will always be. Yeah, they may change slightly in certain ways over time, most people do, but there is no chance at all anyone is going to change completely. Grr, makes me angry. 

Personally, I think you should only have one resolution, that way, you are more likely to achieve it.

I think mine this year is to make the most out of everything. I do take many things for granted and I really need to sort myself out in this way. It's only a small one, but there is not point making a really big one that is going to be hard to achieve. 

I have to say my 2011 has been ok, not great, but not awful either. I'll jot down a few things that have happened this year...
• The house boiler broke down when it was snowing heavy = freezing cold baths for a week
• Received a hate letter off an ex-bestfriend randomly (please take in mind that she was 17 years old at the time)
• Celebrated 2 years with Matt
• Spent a week in Ibiza with my mum
• Tried and failed to get a job
• Got better grades in my AS Levels than I thought I would
• Went to Chester Zoo twice after years of not going, didn't really enjoy either trip
• Met people I think I will be in contact with for quite a long time
• Received three conditional offers from universities (conditional meaning if I get the grades)


And finally...
I made my blog! And found all your wonderful blogs to read. I actually think making a blog is one of the best things I've done, it's actually like the diary which I always used to write in as a kid, so it's kind of like a place for me to get away to. It's hard to explain, I'm sure you all understand.

Anyway guys, I am departing from blogger and will see you all next year! Well, I will hang around on Blogger for tonight and read your posts. I am going to my boyfriends tomorrow then we are going to a 007 night with his parents. I am actually pretty excited because this is the first time we will be spending new year together, so it should be fun.

Oh and guys, I have made a Twitter specifically for my blog, this is because I would rather people I know personally, do not find my blog. So now when I tweet, I will say when a new post is likely to be added to my blog, and I will also just tweet general rubbish like I did on my other Twitter. So go ahead and follow me here if you would like to read more of my nonsense. Or post your link below and I will happily follow you.

Do you have any New Years resolutions? If so, what are they?
How have you spent your 2011? Have you enjoyed it?

Best wishes for the whole of 2012 and I hope it's your best year yet.

Lots of virtual New Year hugs to you all.

~Jazz

4 comments:

  1. Seems like you had an overall good year! Cant wait to see what 2012 brings! Happy new year :)

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with you, i hate that saying too! i don't believe that anyone can change completely either. and you make a really good point about having just one resolution... i think mine would be to face my fears -- go out there and take chances. ;)

    happy new year! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post. I made a post about my resolutions, I found that it really helped me realise what I want for next year xx All the best for next year x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blog world is great. So glad we found each other and i look forward to getting to know you more. Happy new year my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)