Tuesday, 14 February 2012

Happy day of love.

I think Valentines Day is a load of crap. I really do not see the point. Woohoooo yay we all know you love your boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife, but you love them every single day, right? Not just one day. So seriously, why do people take it so seriously? They make such a fuss over getting the perfect present for their other half and wanting sparkly jewellery back and going out to the poshest restaurant to show off, when really, I'd rather do nothing.

Right now, (I am going to publish this at 11am UK time, hopefully this actually works) I will be about to step off the train. Picture it in your head now. I am standing at the door whilst the train is slowing down, getting ready to push the button to open the doors. Then, the rest of my day spent with my boyfriend and his family, will be a normal day. Not in the slightest a lovey dovey lovely wubly day. Just. Normal. With a Chinese takeaway to celebrate his mums birthday at the end of the day. 

We do still do presents however, but I'd like to say this is the last time we do them. I cannot be bothered with the cafuffle. Although I love looking for cards. I hate soppy cards, I like to find ones that make me chuckle. This year I succeeded. I want it for myself.


Seriously how cool is that card? It moves! I admit, it is slightly cheesy, but not word-wise, which is fabulous. So corny.


I got Matt a frame from TK Maxx for £15 and filled it with a few memories, then got him some David Beckham deodorant (which should have been £10) for £3. I love bargains. I was going to use red tissue paper but then thought naaaah screw it, I do love red but I don't want to be typical on VDay. I will be different.


So happy day of love, whether you are spending the day with someone or not, I send you lots of internet Valentines kisses. Don't worry, it's not classed as cheating. 
X X X X X X X X X
If you are not spending the day with someone and you are feeling slightly lonely or sad, help yourself to one of my chocolates. I swear (crosses fingers) the box is not empty already.

Slightly off the topic, how hilarious does Izzy look on that? Honestly, I think she was about to kill me. I can just imagine her thinking:

"Jazz. Jazz. Oh Jazz seriously stop it. Jazz. Jazz, get the camera out my face. Jazz. Jazz, come on, I'm tryna sleep. FOR F*CKS SAKE JASMIN GET THE CAMERA OUT MY FACE."

Hehe.

Jazz.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, thank you for your honesty! I think Valentines day is a bullshit holiday too. It's a shallow, materialistic holiday. But I'm still happy to spend the day with my little baby, as I am everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup! I agree too. its just a cheap trick by greeting card and soft toys companies. A commercialized holiday is not something that appeals to me. Love should be celebrated everyday. But, in the busy, super fast world we live in, if a day like this serves as an excuse to bring a busy couple together and celebrate their love, than why not? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)