If you do not like ranting and moaning please do not read this post for your own sake!
Right now, I have no idea what I want to do with my future. & I've got what feels like no time to decide what I want to do. I've applied for university and I can go if I get the grades. But I don't even know if I want to go. I feel like I'm being forced into something I'm not even sure about. So why should I end up with £27k+ debt if there are no jobs going, and I don't even want to go for the educational purposes? The only thing that appeals to me about uni is meeting new people and having the chance to study abroad. I don't know if I want to carry on studying, I feel like I could tolerate another year, but not three years in the slightest. I never have the motivation to do work now, so how am I going to have the motivation for another three years when there will be even more work?
My other option is to do an apprenticeship. But round my area, all there seems to be is nursery work, and I cannot cope with kids. Babies I like. Kids? No. And I definitely do not want to work with young kids for a living. I can't even think of any other apprenticeships I would like to do. If I did do one, I would consider doing open university in my spare time. But ararararaghhhhhh I just don't know what to do :(.
I have until August to figure this out. It sounds like a long time, but it's not. A month goes by in a flash, so under 6 months is going to go by pretty quick. Seriously, I am nowhere near close to deciding what I want to happen with my life. A few months ago uni was definite, now the reality of what it will actually be like is fading quite fast.
Can someone please make Doctor Who real?
I really want to be a companion.
Now that would be my dream job.
Have a lovely weekend:)
Jazz

No one said that you have to go to uni even though you have applied, you will be amazed how decisions come about when you least expect them to. Good luck with it all XO
ReplyDeleteHmmm.. you know, I'm in the same place as you are right now! hope this will be some consolation to you. By next month My college is going to end, and I want to apply for a certain university, but i'm not sure.. and just today i got placed for an internship cum job. I desperately want to study further but I want to work too. And to decide all this, I have just 1 month. So imagine my condition!
ReplyDeleteSo now do you see how lucky you are! you have six months to ponder over and I'm sure by the end of it, you would have made your decision. All the best! :)
I know exactly what you mean. I still struggle with what I want to do career wise and even considered working with children. I don't like other peoples kids enough to do that. I now don't really think that people have to choose a direct path and follow that. You don't have to pick something and stick with it forever. You can do some soul searching and figure out who you are and what you're good at in the process of have a mediocre job! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteThis relates to me so much, I've applied to do English and I have my place if I get my three A's. I don't want to go but I havn't got any other alternate plans. That is the only reason I am going..because I can't think what else to do with my life, and I really think that that is the wrong reason.
ReplyDeleteIt's okay to not know, It's okay to take time and think about it! I'm 24, I'm not sure what to do either and I've graduated from the University. Don't do anything that doesn't feel right!
ReplyDeleteI'm completely in the same position. I just graduated last year and I'm a lost little sheep now! x
DeleteI understand exactly what you mean sweetie. You just need to give yourself some time and discover what you want to do. I wasn't going to apply for university because I had no idea what to do or what to study. I decided on journalism, collected loads of prospectuses, and then realised that I was only doing that because all of my friends did it too. So I stopped myself!
ReplyDeleteI'm now in university studying to be a zoologist, and it took alot of time for me to see what I wanted to be and what I wanted to do. Alot of my friends have dropped out of university because it wasn't for them. You should never do something if you are unhappy with how it is going!
Even now, i know I want to work with animals, but I have NO idea how or where or what. I just want to cuddle tigers and play with lion cubs!
It's 100% natural how you are feeling right now, don't let anybody pressure you, and stop putting so much pressure on yourself, stress is not healthy! :)
You'll be fine sweetie, and if you ever find the doctor, please make him come and visit me xxx
I actually know what you mean... Right now I am stuck between choosing going for further studies and taking up a job. And needless to say am confused as hell!
ReplyDeleteAnyway...
I have a boticca.com giveaway on my blog.. it would mean a lot if you visit my blog and check it out! See you there :)
You are one step away from winning $100! Click the link below to enter my giveaway! :)
Enter boticca.com giveaway, win $100
♥ www.thegirlatfirstavenue.com
I would say, if you aren't 100% absolutely certain that you want to go, then the debt and the stress just isn't worth it. And you don't have to decide until the very last minute. I would strongly recommend a gap year - you can travel and just have the most amazing time! After mine I was definitely more sure of what I wanted to do! xx
ReplyDelete