Wednesday, 8 February 2012

I need to finish my room.

I have lived in my house for almost 11 years now and my room has never been completely finished. It has progressed over the years, then slowly become worse, then progressed again... then got worse again. Right now I feel like my room is in limbo

All my furniture has been the same colour for about 2 years now, which is great (apart from my desk chair). I painted my room in the summer, so the walls are done. I got a new carpet around 2 years go, so that is checked off the list. Then my bedframe was taken down and put in the shed to make room for my mum's double mattress, which I was having. The plan was then for her to get a new bedframe, and I get her old one. Over six months later, my mattress is still on the floor. So all the bits and pieces that would go under my bed, are all over the place. I have never had curtains, just curtain liners. And I have shelves that have been lying around for about 18 months.

So I have now decided this needs to be sorted ASAP.

I am on the hunt for blackout blinds, but cannot find the perfect ones. You see, my window is quite wide, so I don't want a plain blind as it would just look too boring. But I don't want a patterned blind. So I decided I wanted a blind with a wavy edge, but it is impossible to find a blind with a wavy edge, that is also blackout. What difficult times. So I am going to get a plain one, with a straight edge, and my mum said she will decorate it how I like. Yayyyy for mothers.

Then I need a trip to Ikea to get some see through curtains for decorative purposes. They're only £4, bargain!

Everyday I am looking for a bed frame for my mum. But she wants a French style bed which cost a bomb, so we are on the lookout for a cheap one. She wants to spend no more than £400, even that is a stretch, and the cheapest I have found is 500. ARGH!

My plan is then to get these shelves painted and hooked up to the wall. Then I want some silk flowers in a vase for my window ledge. Then I want some rose things to drape round my bed frame when I get it. Then I want a lamp for my bedside table and some fairy lights. Then I need to paint my desk chair. How. Demanding.

Anddd... I want all this done by the end of summer. Ha! Feel free to laugh, I am also laughing at myself. This is just not going to happen...

Every girl can dream though ;).

Also, thank you to those who helped me on my previous post. I have decided what to wear now, so I will post a picture next week :)

How long did it take you to finish your room? Or is it still in the process like mine?

Ta-taaaaa. 

Jazz

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like it will look lovely when it's finished X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. Our master bedroom in our house is the furthest room to be finished. I guess it wasn't a high priority since only my husband and I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, this sounds like me! My room progressed then regressed so many times. Right now it looks pretty awful. I also was looking for some blackout curtains but they were too expensive so I just settle for some dark ones. It doesn't block the light out completely but it does help a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been living in same room for nearly 7 years. I started redoing it a couple of months back, but was never able to finish it and I don't see myself resuming it in the near future!! :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jazz,
    Thank you for you so sweet comment. Your cat is adorable too. I love cats. All kinds. To me there is never an ugly cat.
    I hope you get your bedroom done. I love decorating so I will be interested to see how it will look like.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)