Wednesday, 26 September 2012

A horrible bus journey.

This post is a little long, but it's about something creepy that happened today, so I wanted to include as much as I could.

I started university this week (which is why I have been slacking on here), I'm still feeling unsure about it, but going to give it a few weeks. 

Anyway, I'm sick of the bus journeys already, but the one home today was awful. And I'm feeling a little shaken.

Here's the type of bus I was on, if it helps you picture the scene a bit better ha!
Source.
I was sat by myself on the second bus home (the longest bus at about 30 minutes journey), and after about two minutes some Indian guy got on the bus, and sat on the seats on the other side of mine. Obviously I thought nothing of it. About 5 minutes later, the only person sat behind me got off the bus, and as he did, this Indian guy came and sat right next to me (the seats are in twos). At first I was like "what the actual fuck?", then thought he might just be asking where abouts to get off to get to a certain place.

How wrong was I.

This is roughly some of what was said, I can't remember it all because I couldn't understand what he was saying. He was sat next to me for about 20 minutes.

"I've just been watching you and I know you. You were at Bird* club in Jimberino* on the 15th September, am I right?"

"Erm, yeah." (I know I was stupid saying so, but I was honestly in shock so didn't think.)

 "I recognised you. Now I need some help (now lots of mumbling) blah blah, what's your postcode?"

"I'm not saying sorry."

"Well can you help me then? Do lots of houses have the same postcode? Or does each house have a different postcode?"

"I think lots of houses share the same."

"Are you sure? That's not what I was told."

"Yeah, I think so."

"Well I need to know. It is important. I need to sort some stuff out. Can you ask one of your friends now?" (Meaning text them because I had my phone out.) 

"No they won't know. They're busy. Look on the internet on your phone."

"No I can't. Can you?" He said this so horribly, I can't even exactly explain how he said it. Like he was practically forcing me to look, but asking for some reason, if that makes sense.

"Erm ok." (At this point, he was looking away, like around the bus so I quickly text my friend something like "omg help me not even joking" then looked on Google on my phone to see if houses shared the same postcode. This took me about 5 minutes to find out because my signal kept going. My friend hadn't text back yet. "Yeah some houses share the same postcode."

"That's not what I was told. I just need to sort some things out." I didn't answer so there was silence for about 30 seconds, which felt like ten minutes.

"The 15th of September. You were with two girls and a boy."

"Er yeah."

"Who was the boy? Is he your boyfriend?"

"No, my friend's cousin."

"So not your boyfriend?"

"No but I'm good friends with him." (I'm not but I wished I'd said he was my boyfriend at this point)

"Ah ok. So what's your name?"

I completely froze at this point. "...... J.... ess."

"Jez?"

"Jess."

"J. A...?"

"No J. E. S. S."

"Ah, Jess. How old are you?"

"18."

"So are you going to college then?"

"No I go to university." (Honestly I understand if you'd want to shoot me in the foot at this point, I just didn't have time to think of what to say.)

"Ahhh in Klob*?"

"Yeah."

"What's the university called?"

I then had to say what it was called, because it's the only one in Klob, but I kind of said it like really stammered, because I didn't actually want to say.

"What do you study?"

Again, I completely froze and knew I should say a different subject to what I actually do. "....Sociology." 

Then he started chatting shit for a good 5 minutes about him going to university in this country for two years, then I tuned out because I couldn't understand him.

"Can I be your friend then?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"I don't know you so I'm not going to be your friend."

"But that's not a reason. You should make friends everywhere." Then he started chatting shit again about how in his country you should give a reason for everything, and started talking about marriage and stuff. I noticed a man who was around 60ish (who was with his wife and was sat close to me, but he was sat in front of me so he couldn't actually see me) was kind of looking to his left (towards me but not quite at me) and looked a bit suspicious.

"Are you getting off in Jimberino*?"

"Yeah."

"What you doing there?"

"Going to some shops." I was actually getting my next bus from there but didn't want to get on it anymore in case he followed. I hadn't checked my phone because he was watching, so I didn't know if my friend had text back. I can't remember if he said anything else.

At that point the bus was getting to my stop where a lot of people get off, so I didn't ask him to move,  I just stood up. He kind of sat there looking awkward for about 10 seconds, then moved back to where he was sat previously. I waited for about another ten seconds as the bus was still moving, and as soon as it stopped, he kind of ran off the bus without saying anything. The older man who had looked a bit suspicious looked at me and smiled, so I smiled back and when I went to get off the bus, he said something to me then, but I can't remember what, and I just said "he was weird", and the man said "did you know him?" so I said "no" obviously, smiled again, and carried on. I didn't see where the Indian guy had ran off, so stood at the bus stop waiting for my next bus. The older man and his wife looked back at me and kind of hesitated but I smiled, so he smiled and walked off. 

Then I kind of felt like I was going to cry, so I rang my friend to see if her dad could come and pick me up, which they did, thank God!

The other week at the club, we noticed the group of Indian guys (who this guy must have been with), ranging from about 18 - 50 odd. They were so creepy, but I never expected one of them to actually recognise me on the bus, know exactly how many people I was with and know the date he had seen me. I feel so freaked out. And my friend had said when I was kissing my friend's cousin, there was an Indian guy watching, which must have been him, because he said I was with 2 friends and a boy, which I was for like the last half hour, but before that there was quite a lot more of us.

Ugh, I know it doesn't sound that bad, but I can't really explain how weird this guy was. I feel so upset and shaky about it all, I really don't want to get that bus anymore but I have to!

Has anything similar ever happened to you? Please share your experiences, hopefully they might make me feel a little better!

Jazz

*Names of things have been changed. And yes, I changed them to very bizarre names ha!

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a horrible situation, I'd have been upset by it too.
    I always find if you are quite forceful that you don't want to talk, then people will generally leave you alone. Or just lie. Don't tell the truth about any of your details. Don't worry, it's a learning curve :). You did the right thing calling your friend to pick you up :).
    Chin up! I hope uni works out for you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hunnie that is so horrible for you, you totally did the right thing in getting your friend's dad to pick you up and not getting that other bus. Don't feel silly for your answers, you didn't have any time to think and he totally put you on the spot - i would have done and said the same thing. I really agree in that the weirdest most worrying part of it is that he recognised you from the club and who you were with and even how many people. I know obviously he could just be a bit of a weirdo who saw you out, fancied you, then saw you on the bus and didn't know what to say so ended up talking Sh*t and acting weird, and probably you will never see him again - but that postcode stuff, i mean OMG what the hell?
    Once when I was 19 I had a bit of a similar experience, in that my friend and me were walking home from a night out by ourselves in the dark and these much older guys just appeared out of nowhere, they weren't from our town and we'd never seen them before, but they started talking to us. We thought they were weird, but didn't want to antagonise them so we were polite, and ended up being stuck talking to them for over an hour! it was 4.am by the time we got home! Anyway we'd finally got away from them and rushed home worrying they were going to follow us. That was a Thursday night and I had work the next morning, but anyway i went to work as normal, I worked in an office which was about 20 miles away at the time and I used to get the bus there & back. Well I was going home that afternoon on the bus and I got a text - so I looked at it and it was from an unknown number, and it said "you're looking hot" and I was like thinking who the heck is this from, as like you, I was the only person left on the bus! I thought maybe it was a friend joking about, so I replied "who is this?" and the reply was "Steve from last night" I was really worried then cause I HADN'T given him my number - but i did recall him asking to look at my phone and was mucking around with it for a bit so he must of got my number off it, but how he remembered it i have no idea as I hadn't seen him type it in to his phone or anything. So I replied "how did you get my number and where are you?" and his reply was "BEHIND YOU"...Oh my god I was scared, I was on the back seat of the bus so I looked out the window and sure enough, there he was, sitting in the passinger seat of the car right behind the bus! I just turned around and walked up to sit right behind the driver, as i was really scared as it was getting dark and I had to get off the bus soon and walk home, so I did similar to you, I rang my friend who i'd been with the night before, told her quickly what had happened and as she lived by the bus stop she and her mum raced up to meet the bus and met me and before he could even park his car i'd got in to their car and we'd driven off. Thank god I NEVER saw or heard from him again. I still don't know what he was doing in our town as he said they were from Cardiff which is well over an hour away. Anyway, WEIRD but luckily never saw him again so hopeing that might make you feel better...though do be aware of him all the same.
    i'm also hoping that Uni gets better for you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Jazz this sounds so scary! glad you managed to get a safer journey the rest of the way with your friend, hope you never see him again! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That is really scary! What a nut job. Glad your friends dad could get you though. Seriously, I cannot believe that guy remembered you from the club on the specific date and who you were with. Really, really stalkerish. Just be careful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)