Saturday, 22 September 2012

Such annoying customers.

I've been working for about a month now, or just a little under, I have no idea. 

I can honestly say I enjoy it. Apart from there are obviously some negatives. Prepare for a teeny bit of anger in this post.

Some of the customers are absolute twats. TWATS. In caps. Because I am definitely shouting. 

For example, I had one man in today with his wife, and it is £2.50 for bacon OR sausage OR egg on a barm cake (or toast or bread, whatever your preference), and if you want another filling it is an extra 50p for each individual filling. He asked for bacon and egg on toast, which obviously comes to £3.00, because there is an extra filling. But he was insisting that it said £2.50 for whatever you damn well like. After showing him the menu and explaining it was 50p for each extra filling, he STILL carried on moaning. I could tell his wife was embarrassed. If he was my husband he'd have been buried under the flags in the driveway a long time ago. 

Then another customer today came into the cafe and clearly saw it was packed, and we were already behind with orders. When he finally came to order, he wasn't even ready. ERM HELLO. You've just been standing around for almost five minutes, how do you not yet know what you want? He finally decided he wanted (brace yourself for this, it's disgusting), egg mayonaise, chicken, bacon, lettuce, tomato, coleslaw and peppers on a single baguette. All of that, on one baguette. It took so much hassle to make and I could barely even close the bread. Who the hell thinks to order something like that?

Then you get the annoying customers who whisper their orders. Why whisper? How am I going to hear what you want if you're going to whisper?

And the customers who can't even crack a smile. You're very welcome I just spent 5 minutes slaving over your picky order, then you happily snatch it off me and don't even look, say thank you, or even give a smile.

AND THE CHILDREN. Oh my, the children. I despise kids again. Horrible little things some of them. They seem to enjoy knocking pic-n-mix all over the salad and food in the fridge, and all over the floor as well. You know what the parents do? They snigger and just simply tell their child to move away. Don't offer to to pick any up or anything. If I knocked sweets everywhere in a shop or cafe, I'd pick them up myself, it's common decency. 

Obviously the majority of the customers are lovely, but some of them I'd absolutely love to hack their sandwiches to death and serve them with hands covered in mayonnaise. 

I've never encountered so many rude people in my life in the last month, and I have no idea how much longer I can tolerate them without having a hissy fit.

I didn't really know what picture to include, so here's the cupcakes we sell.

What annoys you about the customers at your job?
Or do you think customers are absolutely always in the right whether they are rude or not?

Jazz

5 comments:

  1. SO funny, I was about to write a post about how much I hate some of the customers at my job just today too! I have customers who walk into the salon and don't even look at me, they just start looking around for someone or just walk back to where the stylists are. It's so annoying. Then the generally rude person who calls and expects to get in with the person they want the day that they want and get pissed at me when they can't. Annnd just right now I was checking out a client and they were purchasing a product. I told them their total and she asked how much the product was. I told her and she said she didn't want it. I took it off her ticket and processed her card only to have her change her mind and say she want the goddamn product so I had to ring her up again. Fucking indecisive people! I would die if I work at a restaurant. I see people treating waiters like they're absolute shit all the time. I am always polite to my server because that's what you should do and because you shouldn't be a dick to someone who handles your food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The customers where I work are often quite rude. If you get the slightest thing wrong they give you really disapproving looks and often I get snide comments. One time a bottle of olive oil fell off of the conveyor belt as the customer had put it right at the edge and he just looked at me, shrugged and told me that it'd be a good idea to get someone to come and clean it up. As if I don't know that, would have been nice to get an apology for putting it where it can fall and wasting our stock..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, when I worked in Tesco customers were the bane of my life. Now I work in the doctors, patients are horrible when I am reception, but if I am wielding a needle to take their blood they are oddly sweet as pie ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg, the public sucks. one of my friends and i have plans to destroy the world- feel free to join our club ;)

    your cupcakes are totally adorable though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, this is so similar to my experience with working as a waitress. I can't stand it when it is clearly busy and a person who has been waiting to be serviced for awhile doesn't know what they want! Argh and the children OH the children... they can be MONSTERS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)