Warning - ranty post.
I had to go and enrol at my university today. I have mentioned in the past, but incase you didn't see, I am being slightly different and not moving away for university. I really wish I did move away but I couldn't afford it, so I have to do a one and a half hour commute each day to get there, which is very grim.
I'd obviously been round the university before and liked it, and always thought the place was friendly and really nice. But today, I just didn't get that feeling, and I don't completely know why. It honestly is such a lovely university, but I don't know if I really wanted to go to a lovely university. I wanted to go to a fun university, and I don't know if the one I am going to is going to be like that. I'm also really wishing I chose a university away from home so I could live in the accommodation. I actually wouldn't care about being in more debt.
My friend came with me today and we went to look round the town it is in after I enrolled. I'd driven through it many times, but never been round it before. And it is grim. Scuze my language, but there is fuck all to do there. Absolutely fuck all. I should have looked around it beforehand, but I generally thought it was bigger and there was more to do. And some days I might be in for a morning lecture, then an evening lecture. I'm not travelling 90 minutes home in the day, just to spend another 90 minutes going back, yet what the hell do I have to do in that town for a whole afternoon? It's alright for the people that live in the accommodation, because they can just go back to their little flats, but me and everyone else staying at home have to suffer a ghost-town for company.
I really don't know what I want to do now. I am honestly considering dropping out before I've even started, I just don't think I'm going to enjoy these three years in the slightest.
(Also I know I was meant to post on Tuesday but I've just not found the effort to write it up because I've been feeling very 'meh', I'll get round to it eventually.)
Jazz

blehhh :( it sucks that you feel that way! maybe try it out for a month to see if it's ok? idk about england, but i know here you can transfer credits if you don't like it...
ReplyDelete