Sunday, 30 September 2012

Week one of university is over.

As you may or may not know, I started university last week! I thought I'd let you know how it has been going. 

It's been alright, quite good, but not fantastic. But to be fair, it's been a 'welcome week', so we've not even got started with the classes yet. So I'm still unsure about it all. I haven't even met many people because we haven't started the classes and obviously by living at home, I have the disadvantage of not meeting 'flatmates'. I have met a few people though and spent some time with them, and they are lovely (apart from one annoying lad who just gets right on my nerves).

I am looking forward to tomorrow though to actually get started with the proper classes, which should be fun! I think tomorrow I have a two hour class on fiction, which sounds alright! Apart from the fact it starts at 9am, which means I have to leave the house at 7am. Which then means I have to get up at 6am. Oh my goodness. That does not sound very appealing in the slightest. 

Obviously, the first week of university is freshers week, meaning there are a few parties. I only ended up going to three of the nights, because obviously I live away which makes it slightly awkward. One night was a general welome night, another a UV paint party, and another a fancy dress. Apologies for the many pictures of just me, I look very vain but didn't really get pictures with many people.


Before and after the UV party, I actually didn't get hit by the paint that much because I am so damn small. I was being protected by like a 20ft giant which was very convenient.




 I didn't even wear the hat out. Then I took the shirt off when I got into town ha!


How cute is my friend's dog? Also looking through these pictures makes me wonder when I will ever look my age. I look like I should be in year 9 of high school, if that!

I am also apologising in advance for a lack of a post tomorrow! I should be uploading a vlog, but I have lost my voice completely, so obviously that makes it pretty hard to vlog (unless you'd like one where I just squeak and croak like a frog). I'll get it up on here as soon as possible! I actually had a very easy day at work yesterday because I couldn't serve the customers because I obviously couldn't speak to them, ha! Actually it was a tiny bit boring cutting and buttering bread, and washing up all day. Very grim. Then I probably made the mistake of going out last night when I most likely shouldn't have. Oooops, never mind.

Have a great week!

Jazz

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant pics!! What fun nights' out they look! Ha I dressed up as a police lady once for a fancy dress party & went and lost the hat and had to pay for it as it was a hired costume, lol! Anyways i'm really hoping that once the actual classes start then things will all fall in to place for you and you'll love it! I can totally see how hard it is for you living at home and the travelling in though, but i'm sure it will get easier in time!
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my post just now, yeah i'm convinced that horrible monster is from some 80's tv show or something..he seems familiar, he's horrid! Yeah I still can't get over my bargain dress! :)
    Have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are so damn cute! And you really do not look vain at all, I love pics of you.

    Hope you do well in all your classes (what are you majoring in, or are you just doing general studies?) and maybe meet a cute boy or two while at it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)