Tuesday, 15 May 2012

Feeling like a younger version of Bridget Jones.


I was just watching Bridget Jones before, and in all honesty I feel like her. Apart from I haven’t got two men fighting over me. But never mind that. Here are some of the parts where I feel like I can relate.

The scene where she is crying in the bath. I always do this when I am upset. I just find the bath such a great place to cry. No one can interrupt, and lets face it, it really does not matter if you look like an absolute twat. No one can see your red puffy eyes and huge sulking lip.

I cannot cook to save my life. I bake pretty mean cakes and biscuits. But when it comes to meals, things just go drastically wrong from there. I will not be a ‘typical’ woman (as males see women) when I am older, as I will not be the one in the kitchen. Unless I am going in the biscuit tin, of course.

I have started to depend on alcohol to lift my spirits. And it is bloody great. These two and a half months left of being underage better go fast. I only really drink it at home but it chills me out a bit. (Sorry if you find the moving pictures annoying - it is just a one off. It just didn't work as well using a still image.)

I am also relying on ice cream and piling back on the pounds I lost when I was ill. Unfortunately I am not wealthy enough to afford Ben & Jerry's a lot of the time, so I am living on Tesco value vanilla ice cream and coating it in honey. Which I have noticed is going straight onto my thighs and arse.

I have started to swear a lot more than usual. I've always been one to swear at least once every few hours, if not more. But now it is a lot more frequent. Oh well, it's fun.

And my favourite part of the film, which I find I can relate to most. The part where she is mouthing along to the song ‘All By Myself’, and includes full actions. No lie at all, I am always doing this. I’ll be sat on my bed listening to my iPod, and then all of a sudden my lips are moving in time with the words, my hands are holding an imaginary microphone and my head is making funny movements, bobbing to the beat. And I so put the emotion in when doing this. It does work best with sad songs. See Bridget Jones' moment here

I think by this post I still sound very glum. But I'm not. I feel pretty happy with life at the moment. Everything is chilled. I don't have any lads chasing after me and I'm not chasing after any myself. I just hope that I am not still alone at 32 or however old Bridget is. Now that I would find pretty glum. (Although, remember a few posts ago I mentioned I kind of liked two lads, but didn't really like them? Well one of them, I kind of like like now. You know, like.. like like. Mmhmmm. The butterflies in my tummy are there and I get prettttty excited when I see him.)

Also I made a Tumblr about a month ago which I use to vent my feelings on through reblogging pictures. It's very fun actually. Sounds boring but I'm liking it. Send me your linky thing if you have one :)

Enjoy the rest of your week! 

Jazz

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! bridget jones are such good films xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh... I too can relate to her. I've never seen the movie but I'm glad you posted about it. I swear too much, drink too much, eat too much and can't cook for shit. Annd just like you though I seem pessimistic I am a very happy person.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)