I have been dreaming quite a lot lately. You know, the kind of dream that you make up in your head that you just pray will come true one day. I've always had dreams, everyone has. I'd be worried if someone didn't have even just one dream.
Normally my dreams are so unrealistic. They will never happen. My biggest dream in the world would be for Doctor Who to be real and I could travel with him. Honest. That is my biggest dream and I am not the slightest bit embarrassed by that! I'd love for that to come true. But unfortunately it's not going to. Yeah that makes me sad and gutted, but that doesn't stop me dreaming about it, I can dream about it for the rest of my life and that's ok. Dreams are exciting when you know they won't come true!
But in the last two weeks I've been thinking of some more realistic dreams. So many of my friends dream to get married to the perfect man and produce a tree of babies! I think that's the last thing I would dream about right now. I used to dream about that stuff. I had names planned out for babies! I still quite like those names but it's not what I dream of anymore. This might change. Next month I might be dreaming of having my own family one day, but right now I don't care about that. I do dream of finding the perfect guy, who doesn't? I don't want to get married though. And I am in no rush to find that perfect guy. I actually dream of passing college (PLEASE, this so best come true. I would rather work in McDonalds for the rest of my life than spend anther 2 years at that shithole - excuse my language), I dream of actually having the choice on whether to go to university in the summer if I get the grades, I dream I'll meet lots of new people and make great new friends. And I dream that I'll see the world. That is my second biggest dream. If I can't see the world before I die, then... I have no idea, but Jazz will not be pleased in the slightest. Sounds crazy but I dream of being a surrogate mother! How weird is that? I just think it would be nice to grow someone's baby for them when they can't. Hell, I don't even know if my womb is normal, so maybe I can't do that. I dream one day my mum will find someone, I don't even know if she wants a boyfriend (er, that sounds... dodgy), but sometimes she just looks so lonely and I'd love for her to have someone. That's another one actually, well I'm not bothered anymore, but when I was a kid, I always prayed for a stepdad, that was a pretty big dream of mine.
So, considering I have been doing a bit of dreaming lately. I have decided to create a dream jar! Or box, or whatever. And every time I have a dream, I will write it down and put it in this box or jar. Then when I am an ancient old biddy and have shrunk to 4ft, I can look back on all my dreams in life and see if they came true. I know they won't all come true. But who says dreams have to?
I hope everyone has at least one dream in life, no matter how big or small, realistic or insanely weird, dreaming is a great thing and not something to hide away. So if you're willing to, please share some of your dreams with me :)
And if anyone bumps into the Doctor, please send him my way.
Jazz

I thought when I was younger that I didn't want to get married and have kids. I think, especially with major break ups, that most women go through this. I even went on a men hating binge. I thought they were all the same. (I still think most of em are.) Anyway, that is not to say you will or have to change your mind about this. If you don't want to have kids then that's your choice. I didn't always feel like becoming a mom. I honestly do think you'll become a mom one day. You are such a sweet girl. You're so funny and sarcastic and I can just see motherhood suiting you so well when your time comes!
ReplyDeleteThank you for your kind and understanding comment on my blog. I think motherhood is a beautiful and honorable thing, but I just don't feel like it's for me, and it's nice to know that there are others out there who can respect that. :)
ReplyDeleteI've read through a few of your posts, as well as your bucket list, and I'm enjoying your blog! You've earned a new follower. :)
A few months ago I had a dream that I was a yellow sprinkle that dreamed of being a human :') It was the strangest dream I ever had x
ReplyDelete