Sunday, 6 May 2012

One too many rules.

Part of my bucket list is to donate blood and sign up to give bone marrow when I turn eighteen.
I was looking further into doing this the other day, as I will be eighteen in a few months. So, I thought I would donate blood in the next few weeks if possible.

Well, this isn't possible, because there are way too many rules. I am not eligible to donate blood because according to what my height is, I have to weigh 10 stone. I'm sorry, but I'd become overweight if I put on an extra 3 stone. GP's and hospitals nag people to become blood donors, but then you can't even bloody donate! And as I can't donate blood, I can't sign up to the bone marrow register thing. Because to sign up to that, you have to be a registered blood donor. What the fuck? Honestly, you try and do nice things in this world and you're not even allowed!

But this summer me and my friend are going to get our palms read, which will be one thing crossed off, and if I get a job (fingers crossed), I want to try and get a last minute deal to Paris for a few nights.
And I will nag my gran until she gives into doing a family tree.

Do you plan to cross anything off your bucket list this summer?

Also, I am obsessed with this song at the moment.


Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Jazz

1 comment:

  1. HA! Sorry, but I wish I had your problem.
    Being underweight? Yeah, I'll take that one! I had my palm read when I was younger and it was pretty cool. I hope you get a job and can visit Paris. That would be so cool! It's just a train ride away from you, right?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)