I know. I was naughty. I abandoned last months Tuesday thing. Never expect me to stick with what I have said, it rarely happens!
I do however have a few more posts lined up for this months subject "Pros and cons of..." so I won't abandon it this month!
Todayyyy I will give the positives and negatives of living at home whilst at university!
Pros
• Your tea is always on the table when you get home late and you don't need to learn how to cook (thanks mum)
• Your clothes are washed for you (thanks again mum)
• You don't have the worry of living with people you may well hate
• You have more money because you aren't spending it on food or accommodation (helloooo alcohol and crap I don't really need)
• You have a bigger and more personalised bedroom than any student living on campus
• When you come home from a night out, you find your mum has mum put a hot water bottle in your bed with your pyjamas wrapped around it - I don't see many flatmates doing that!
Cons
• You still have to suffer the nagging of your mum each morning and night
• You don't have the benefit of having 'flatmates', which obviously means more friends
• You can't choose when you eat and what the hell you want to eat - you have to suffer salad when you really do not want it
• You can't go out at night whenever you want without your mum worrying about which bus or taxi rank you'll be using
• The travelling is shit, I mean really shit, it is SO long and boring
• You have to watch your friends move away and enjoy themselves in new parts of the country whilst you're still stuck at home living the same, dull life!
• There's nowhere to go and chill out when you have free periods - obviously there is, but your own bedroom or flat would be much nicer than a noisy sitting area
Sooo it's kind of a tie, but believe living on campus is better! I think the pros of living at home are genuinely really good pros, but the cons are pretty depressing looking at them. I still wish I was living away and will probably always regret not choosing a university away from home, but I really do think the university I chose was the right university for me.
What do you think?
Live at home or away?
I didn't really know what picture to add for this post, so here is what I did in my 4pm - 8pm lecture and class today. Probably wasn't the best start to the language side of my course, but gave me and some girl a fair bit of humour. Looking very beautiful, Yoda. I felt so childish but honestly, who the hell wants to be educated that late in the day? Whoever made that timetable has serious issues.
Jazz

I totally agree with all of these! At the end of last year (2011) I finished my degree back in New Zealand (where I'm from...I now live in the UK, and I had been living with my best friend and her family while I was studying. So I had the best of both worlds, really. Having the extra money was a huge bonus of living at home! But yes, things like not having a room/place to go during free hours on campus was a bit of a pain.
ReplyDelete