Thursday, 2 May 2013

Doing The Things You Want To Do

Day 2, Thursday: Educate us on something you know alot about or are good at. Take any approach you'd like (serious and educational or funny and sarcastic)

I think doing what you want to do in life is really important. Not in the sense in being an arse hole about it and doing what you want when you want without consideration of anything else or other people; but I feel if you really want to achieve or do something, you should plan and carry out how you are going to do that.





Last month me and my cousin went all out and got ridiculously expensive milkshakes and pancakes for our lunch instead of meeting our mums for a 'fancy' lunch at John Lewis - we did this because we love sugar and we wanted to have our own fun - not do what our mothers wanted us to do.

I definitely live by the phrase "you only live once", "YOLO" - however you prefer to say it. As far as we all know, we do only live the once and life is so short - you really do not have the time to sit back and think "oh I really wish I could do that" when you probably can do it. I personally believe the way to be really happy in life is to know you have done something you were desperate to do. Whether it be small or big - buying the most expensive cake in Asda over the cheap 50p one, or booking that crazy expensive holiday you have been after for God knows how long. Buying the cake just the once isn't going to break the bank, just do it the one time if you don't have the money every week to buy it, otherwise you're only starving yourself of it - metaphorically and literally. And again with the holiday, if you really want that holiday, put £1 away everyday towards it - yes it might take years to get there but you will eventually do it and the feeling of actually being in the place you have only ever seen pictures of will surely be amazing.

It doesn't even have to involve money. It could involve your feelings, say for example you just aren't in the mood to speak to anyone, you don't have to take lunch with your friends or workmates. If you'd rather have lunch alone, you are allowed. If you would rather go for a walk around the park on your own, just go - it isn't going to harm your friends in any way if you take one lunch away from them.

I would say I am definitely good at doing the things I want to do - I don't like to hold back and I don't ever want to regret not doing things when I am older and no longer have the chance. Sometimes doing these things does need serious motivation and sometimes stubbornness - my mum has been begging me for months not to move out but it's what I want to do and this will sound really awful, but I'm not taking her feelings into account on this one - this could be my only chance to ever live with friends and there is no chance I am letting that experience walk past me.

So if you see that cake or coffee you have wanted for ages today, just get it. Or if you know you aren't going to be in the mood to cook your dinner tomorrow night because you have a busy day, sort something out so you won't have to cook - get a ready meal or ask someone else to cook.

Obviously all this should be done in moderation! I wouldn't say it's advisable to buy everything you see  that you like just because "you only live once", but the occasional treat is always necessary.

Jazz

 

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I love your post, I definitely believe in YOLO and I do my best to stick to this. If you want pancakes, then have them! I miss john lewis :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)