I only discovered the programme New Girl at the weekend and have watched both series already up to the season 2 finale. The entirety of both series I was sat hugging myself when Jess and Nick were around each other and staring at each other and being all cute around each other - never have I wanted two fictional characters to get together more than I wanted them to get together.
![]() |
| Source |
I think what I love most about them is that they have genuine arguments and have awkward moments like every couple - they're not a fairytale couple in the slightest; they aren't perfect. When Nick grabbed Jess for their first kiss I quite happily admit I screamed, or more like squealed ridiculously high pitched. Wow, I fancy Nick. I really do. I fancy Nick - a fictional character. Ooft, Nick Nick Nick. Mmm.
I almost squealed at the season 2 finale as well. Once was actually almost a scream because Taylor Swift appeared (I hadn't seen advertisements of her making an appearance). If I did scream it would have been a scream of fear - the girl scares me. Then I almost squealed at the end (of joy this time - Taylor Swift wasn't around) but refrained from doing so. It was a lovely ending however I feel like it was too much of a happy ending, the only place for this whole thing to go in season 3 is to shit. Surely Jess and Nick can't stay happy throughout the whole of season 3? Who knows. Us obsessed fans will have to do the horrific thing called 'wait'.
I don't know what to do with myself now.
I may go and dream about Nick then have a weep.
Jazz

I love the jess & nick relationship, you just will them to get together so bad! X
ReplyDelete