1. I used to be obsessed with this girl on Big Brother once and thought she was absolutely gorgeous. It was coming up to my friend's 12th birthday and she was throwing a bloody huge party (there was like 30 people there, mainly adults, but that's big for a 12 year old right?), and it just so happened that the girl I was in love with was evicted after the first week. So I decided to copy her outfit and her hair. I looked like a burnt marshmallow with a black top and bright pink frilly skirt.
2. I so hope everyone else has done this. But from the ages of about 7 - 12, I was obsessed with the Olsen twins. I mean obsessed. I would have died for them, no joke. So I decided to use all their awful phrases from films in real life. No one ever knew what I was on about when I'd be saying "urgh she's such a blabbermouth", "what's the 911?", "search me". CRINGE, OH GOD.
3. I once decided it would be a good idea to go down the stairs on a giant balloon thing (like a space hopper but it's one of those huge balloons with beads inside and it has a wrist strap on and you're meant to bounce it off your hand). I made one bounce, fell off it and rolled down the stairs like a sausage. I landed at the bottom of the stairs in front of the house door, and someone came through it and smashed it into my head. I have no bloody clue what happened next! Wise move Jazz, wise move.
4. Me and my old next door neighbour were out playing in my garden when we were about 8 years old. I have no idea how this started, but we started singing like we were in a Disney film. You know where it's just a casual scene, the princess is sitting on a rock, then all of a sudden she stands up and starts dancing and singing on the edge of a gorgeous cliff? It was literally like that, except it was two kids covered in dirt, singing on a tree stump. It was our own song as well. I'm so glad I don't remember how it went.
5. My mum went out with a fireman when I was about 4 or 5. I used to get on with him, I don't think I ever had anything against him for any reason. I just used to treat him like a dad in all honesty. But one day he came round and I just wouldn't speak to him. Just completely stopped, blanked him when he came in, walked away when he tried to speak to me. No idea why. Then he went outside for a fag and I went and locked him outside and glared at him through the window the whole time he tried to get in. Why the hell did I do that!? And when my mum let him back in I was speaking to him like normal again. I was a fucking weird child. The worst of it now, he lives a few houses from my gran with his wife and step-kids. Awkward eye contact every time I see him.
What things did you do as a kid that you absolutely cringe at looking back?
Jazz
awww, but no. 4 is so cute! xD
ReplyDeletewell, i literally cringe thinking of any outfit i wore as a child. i used to think rainbow paiseley bell-bottom pants (worn with an equally bright, patterned top, of course!) were the coolest things ever... (why were they even in stores?)
Oh the Olsen twins.
ReplyDeleteOh Full House.
Oh the memories ...
LOVE.
I used to run round dressed as a cheetah :P
ReplyDeleteHahaha... you always have the best and most interesting post. So funny! I did something similar to you with the stairs, except I went down them in a sleeping bag and didn't get hit in the head with a door
ReplyDeleteI was fucking weird though too. I used to take my moms red lipstick, paint my entire face with it and pretend I was the devil! What a nut job. I was like five when I did that. Also when I was little I just randomly ran into the room where my brother was and stuck my fingers as far up his nose as possible til I drew blood. What. A. Freak. I don't know why my parents didn't seek therapy for me.