If you remember this post from last month, this post is something that is pretty relatable, a little less creepy in some ways, a little bit more creepy in other ways. Today, I made another 'friend' on the bus. (I'm not going to go into as much detail as last time though because it wasn't as bad.)
So, I was waiting for my second bus going to university in town, when some lad came and walked towards me, and he asked for the time. Fair do's, I thought, he just wants the time. I told him, and he just said it wasn't long until the bus and asked if that was the one I was waiting for too, I told him yes. I noticed he was wearing a college ID badge for the college my brother goes to, so realised he must have been about 16-18 years old and thought there was no harm in speaking to him if he said much else. There was a bit more normal conversation about college and university and random stuff, then the bus came.
I didn't expect to sit next to him, so just made my way upstairs (it was a double decker... obviously), then he just plopped himself right next to me! He started asking if I was going to see the new Paranormal Activity, to which I said "yeah probably over the weekend or next week with mates", he then said "oh do you think I can come with you?", ERM WHAT? I said no obviously. Then he asked what perfume I was wearing. At this point I realised he was a bit of a freak and stopped making conversation. However he started asking further questions like, "do you have Facebook?", "can I have your number?", "how many boyfriends have you had?", I clearly said no to the first two, then said it was none of his business for the other, and that I have a boyfriend now (I don't). THEN, wait for it.
He started brushing the back of his hand against the side of my leg "accidentally".
Who does that? Honestly. The utter freaks in my town are unbefuckingbelievable.
I text the lad who I normally meet at university what this nutcase was doing and he was no damn help as he replied "bite him", why would I bite him?!
He got off the bus halfway through the journey and asked how he would get in touch with me to go to the cinema with him, I didn't answer. He then said "bye" and put his hand out to shake mine, to which I replied (imagine this in the most evil way possible, with a glare), "I am not shaking your hand.", then I just looked out the window.
I give up with bus journeys. I now wonder who my next bus buddy will be.
I'm tempted to shave my head and draw a moustache.
WEDNESDAY'S ARE HORRIBLE. For bus journeys anyway. Never take an Arriva bus on a Wednesday, you'll probably have some freak sat next to you.
Any weird experiences for you lately?
Jazz
ughhh, that sounds awful :( i think you're due for some good luck, though?
ReplyDeleteI had this happen on the tube the other day, DISGUSTING! :(
ReplyDeleteTara
The Style Rawr!
xoxo
I'm sorry it wasn't a good situation.
ReplyDeleteIt was obviously he liked you and thought you were pretty, but he was just really bad at doing it.
But the bottom line is if you felt creeped out, then he was probably creepy. Women have a hunch about these kinds of things.
I have never actually riden the bus in our city. We have something called the "max" which is like a subway train. I've taken that and can say that I have never had any "weird" experiences but I've seen some pretty interesting people!
ReplyDeleteBahahahaha... ah, your experiences are so entertaining. Sorry he creeped you out and was such a freak but I love the stories you tell. There sure are some weirdos on public transportation. When I was a few months pregnant I was on the bus by myself and some guy boarded. The bus started moving before he sat down and he very dramatically acted like he was about to fall on top of me. I just kinda ignored it since he didn't actually touch me but then he sat next to me and was like, "Oops, almost fell on you." I just looked at him and ignored him. Then he starts asking me questions like where I'm from and who I live with (CREEPY!). I told him I live with my husband and he asked how old I was. I was getting really annoyed by this point but I told him and he said he thought I was in high school then asked me how old I thought he was. I think he said he was 30 something and then said, "no, I'm actually 40 something." If he was that old and thought I was in high school, why the fuck was he hitting on me? Especially after I said I was married. He kept bugging me until I got off the bus too. Ugh, such a weirdo!
ReplyDeletePeople can be so WEIRD. I mean, just act like a normal human being, please people!! It would have been kinda funny if you bit him though - that made me laugh!:)
ReplyDeleteOMG, Jazz! This is so disgusting! Infuriating! Things like this happen in Buenos Aires a lot, but here in Southern California bus rides are not so bad. What's bad is the waiting between buses, ha, because there are always people willing to talk, grrrr.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, be careful, please, and get pepper spray just in case. I always carry mine in my purse ;).