Helloooo guys. Apologies for the really crap quality, I was wondering all week why my photos have been really bad and I just checked my phone and I'd somehow changed the quality oops!
If you want to join in with a photo challenge for November (for your blog or Twitter or Instagram, etc), the list is here!
My week has been good apart from today! At work, one of the older workers was yelling at me all day for no damn reason.
Example one: A man told me he wanted two sausage barms (which I specifically heard because I had to ask him to repeat it), which are £1.80 each, so I charged him £3.60, I then got told off because the other worker insisted I should have charged him £3.20 which I have no fucking clue why because he ordered nothing else and there are no offers on at the moment! Then to top it off he complained afterwards that he had ordered three barms when I knew full well he hadn't. Normally I'd understand I would probably be in the wrong, but I completely remember asking him to repeat it, and he just asked for two.
Example two: A customer asked for one pea and ham soup (gross, I know) and the older worker has to get the soup for me because I can't reach it without burning my arm on the pot thing. Then the customer changed his mind and asked for another of the soups. So I told the woman that I now needed two of the soups, not one. About 5 minutes later she said she didn't have enough of the pea and ham soup for three pots. I explained I didn't need three, the man just wanted two. Then she started going off on one saying I was confusing her and she'd already poured a different soup for some reason!
Example three. We had run out of 10p, 20p and 50p coins, so I simply just said that everyone was going to start having to ask for change, and she stormed over to the till, looked in it and saw there were none of the coins and had another pop at me saying why was she always the one having to do things! What the actual fuck? I didn't ask her to do anything, I just said to the ones taking orders to start asking for change, which doesn't even involve her!
Example 4: One of the cupboard doors has broken and we were told not to use it, however every now and then it would come off the hinge on its own accord. I didn't even use it when it popped off at one point, and she started going mad at just me, saying she told people not to use it, but I didn't even touch it!
I think she was so out of order today, I understand she's a little bit older and has been working all week but there was no need to yell at me the whole damn day. I'm even more pissed off because she never once shouted at anyone else (I'm not even exaggerating there, one of the other workers even said I was getting a lot of stick today for no reason). Also, normally she would apologise at the end of the day if she ever shouted at anyone, and she didn't today!
I'M SO ANNOYED. Worst thing is I'm in all day with her tomorrow, uch.
Anyone at your work ever told you off for no reason?
Jazz







omg yes. there's this one older woman at my work who is kinda bipolar... sometimes she's all sweet and sometimes she yells at me and it's like, whoa, you're not actually my boss :P
ReplyDeletethat really sucks though! hopefully she's in a better mood tomorrow D:
I had a boss at the last restaurant I worked at who was NUTS. yelled at everyone for no reason all the time. And when I first started working there, I was a half hour late because the schedule was wrong and he pretended to fire me. Like started to fill out the paper work and everything. I was in tears.
ReplyDeletebut then he got a divorce from his crazy wife, and I kid you not, the next day he was the coolest dude ever. and he is actually a really great friend of mine now.
Sorry you had a crappy day though. The restaurant business really sucks sometimes. Hope you have better luck with her tomorrow. if not, tell her to get a divorce. maybe it will help. ;)
xx
Whitney