I have always changed my mind about what job I want to do in the future.
This is how it has looked..
Vet. (7ish)
Dentist. (10ish)
Presenter. (13ish)
Wedding planner (what the hell?) (14)
Journalist. (15)
Social worker. (16)
Child psychologist. (16)
Midwife. (16 - 17)
English teacher. (17)
Housewife. (17)
Nothing. (18)
Notice how they get even more boring the older I get?
I think the one I have been most certain about is a child psychologist. However when I started psychology in college, I hated it. We were doing psychology obviously, but not really the psychology I wanted to be doing, and it was way too hard to carry on to do in the 2nd year, so that was the subject I chose to drop. I would still love to be a child psychologist, but it is pretty impossible now, as I would have to restart college and get amazing grades (I'm far from an 'A grade' student).
Then I was about 80% certain about being a midwife, but it is pretty tricky to get onto nursing courses and I don't even have a science GCSE, never mind A-Level. Also, if I did midwifery, I'd kind of have to be a midwife, so I wouldn't be able to change my mind after a year of doing the course. This means I had to change my mind for my course option at university last minute. I was so close to applying to do midwifery at university. I am kind of pretty gutted I didn't because I loved the sound of most parts of the job (looking at vaginas day after day really sounds appealing - please note my sarcasm), but I wouldn't have got on the course.
Now I have no idea what I want to do. I suppose by applying to do English at university, my options are pretty broad with that subject. But I just have no clue what I want to be. I actually don't even know what I could do with an English degree. God, I did not look into the course very well. But it seems like I could do a few things. Without sounding snotty, as long as I get a job that earns £25k+ I really don't mind. I need the money for Jammy Dodgers.
I guess I don't have a dream job. I would like it to be something that helps people in some way. But as long as I enjoy it, and I'm not sat at a desk all day, I really don't care what what job I have.
What is your dream job?
Jazz
Don't worry, I have no idea what I want to do either! I'm not applying to uni as I know that I'd just change my mind again and again!!
ReplyDeleteAimée
xx
petticoatsandpansies.blogspot.co.uk
same. i want to take english lit... but i have a feeling it won't get me too far. (truly my dream job is to be an editor for a publishing house... but who knows.) good luck!
ReplyDeleteI still don't know what I wanna be. I am like you though and I always change my mind. Psychology has always fascinated me as well. I would love to work in that field but I think it would be too depressing to handle. People telling you their problems and trying to help them would probably not be good for someone as sensitive as me. I would probably end up crying in front of them and making them feel worse.
ReplyDeleteHad to laugh at you putting "what the hell?" for wedding planner. So funny!