I don't think I've done a rant post in a while. So I thought it was time to finally do one.
Lately, my mother is pissing me right off. She is becoming quite possibly the most annoying person in the world. She is SO moody. Over absolutely nothing.
I went to meet my old neighbour today who moved away about 7 years ago to another town, and I hadn't seen her since I was 11. I knew she had an older boyfriend which my mum didn't like the idea of, but he wasn't coming along, so it's not like it mattered. So I met up with her, and had a really nice day. Then she said her 30 year old boyfriend (she is 18, yes I thought it was weird, I didn't think he was that old) was dropping her off home, and he was going passed my house, so she said I could have a lift. I got in the car, and was a little worried because of how old he was, but he couldn't have been nicer, and he actually seemed about 24ish, and was really chatty and friendly.
When I got in the house, my mum didn't even ask how she had been or anything, and straight away, like shot at me "WHO DROPPED YOU OFF?", so I said her boyfriend did. And now she is flipping at me, suggesting my friend is going to set me up with an older man, like a friend of her boyfriend. What the actual hell? All I went to do is meet up with an old friend to have a catch up and she's suggesting loads of crap!
I'm also really stressed because I get my results tomorrow, and on top of that, I have a job interview in the afternoon, which she is annoying me about because she assumes I'm going to get the job, and if I don't I'll only disappoint her. Grr. I'm just feeling so annoyed with her lately because she takes things to the next level when there's no need to, and can never just be like 'neutral' about things, if that makes sense.
I do normally get on with my mum, but lately I can't stand her. I know I talk back at her a lot, but I admit I only do that when she's taking things too seriously and I snap.
I understand she's having money problems and is trying to get my dad to send over money to support us (because he's never paid any child support), which is proving difficult because my brother won't sign the papers and they keep sending the wrong things. But there's no need to take her anger out on mine and my brother's lives.
Sorry for the moan!
Enjoy the rest of your week.
Jazz
Oh and if you want to know how I have got on with my exam results, follow me on Twitter, and I will either put a really happy tweet, or a suicidal tweet (exaggeration). Then I guess you will know. My Twitter is private, but that's only because I don't want fake profiles following me, I accept everyone else!
Oh and if you want to know how I have got on with my exam results, follow me on Twitter, and I will either put a really happy tweet, or a suicidal tweet (exaggeration). Then I guess you will know. My Twitter is private, but that's only because I don't want fake profiles following me, I accept everyone else!
Oh family... it sounds like you have a lot going on. Good thing you have this little space on the internet to blow off all that steam!
ReplyDeleteI agree with the comment above, it's great to be able to blow off all that steam on here, - I wanted to wish you luck for your exam results tomorrow and also your interview - fingers crossed xxx
ReplyDeleteGood luck on the job and the test! I'm not on Twitter but them us know on here too. Sorry your mom's being annoying, trust me, I know all about that.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are able to share how you feel! Hang in there! I remember having arguments w/ my mom and feeling like it was soo hard sometimes! But it does get better! I'm sure your mom is really stressed. Try to help her out as much as you can! I'm sure she needs your support too!
ReplyDeleteGood luck on your upcoming things!
<3 Denise
http://allthingsnew-denise.blogspot.com/
Thats mums for you haha! its only because she loves u sweetness xx
ReplyDeleteoh mothers... totally understand. they can just be so irksome sometimes!
ReplyDelete