Thursday, 6 October 2011

Why do vets hold animals weirdly?

It is true though, is it not?

I have just had a trip to the vets with Izzy as she had an ingrown claw, a very bizarre looking thing. It is only down the road but we have to take the car because it is a bit of treck down a long road, and the weather here is awful. And I mean that. It is just so windy, and when it rains, it rains hard. So we pushed her into the cat box and I sat in the backseat of the car with her. And oh my God. I have never experienced her wail so much in my life, she never meows. One of the noises in the car was;

Meeeowwwwwww, meeeowwwwww, meeeeowwww, MEEEEOWWWWWW.


And the only other was;

Who's going to the claw-beautician!? Izzzzzzzzy is! Lalalalalaa, Izzy's going to the claw-beautician laaaaaa laa lalalalalaa. 

Her doing the meowing, me doing the singing. And she STILL wailed. She is like 60 odd in cat years too. Pffft, such a baby. (I secretly wanted to cuddle her but shhh, keep quiet.)

She looks evil here, but she was a little peed off. 


We got into the vets and there was this one, FAT, dog in there. I think all we know he was clearly there for doggy Weight-Watchers. Then we waited, and waited, and waited some more until she called us in. We had to turn the box upside down to get her out, she was adamant she was not going into the bitches hands (pardon my French)

But when the hands finally grabbed Wiz, I can't even explain what she did. She like sprawled her hands all over her body, my cat was in a cage with these huge man like hands around her, unable to move. She then pulled Wiz up to her belly and started rubbing her hands up and down her whilst talking to us, making all her fur fly everywhere, what on earth!? Why do that? Then the worst happened, the vet with the huge man like hands called my little baby, wait for it...

CHICKEN.

Who calls a cat 'chicken' really? Cats would happily eat a chicken, I know mine would.

So she had her claws clipped and they had to pull out the claw that was stuck in her paw (woo, I am a poet) which must have hurt because Izzy hissed at the evil woman. HA. You go Wizzy. 

We then got a chippy tea and headed home to a nice warm, cosy house!

Izzy is fine and is chilling upstairs now because she is in a mood with everyone.

---

Quick update - I have finished my personal statement and ready to send it off! I am just waiting to have my reference wrote up (yay)! I am still looking for universities to apply for but cannot really find any I like, I found one but then was quickly turned off by it! Not much else is happening with me really. 

I have been a little annoyed because my brother has asked his girlfriend (of only a few months) to go to Sweden with him next year (read 'half of me' and translate for more info) which I think is a little unfair and disrespectful, I know it is my choice I don't go over there, but, I'm not to keen on the idea of her going and seeing family I haven't seen for years, again, I know my choice, but it comes with complicated situations. And also with the pair of them, Jai is allowed to go to Center Parcs with his girlfriend and her family, and share a room, and my mum did not even hesitate, whereas when I asked to stay at Matty's once, him sleeping downstairs, she took weeks to decide. I know he is 18, but I still find it unfair, I had been with Matt for like 18 months at the time and Jai has been with his girlfriend for 4 months or whatever. 

Do you have any thoughts on the situations? Or any experiences with vets? I would love to hear! Hope you are having a good week and the weather is not too bad where you are. 


~Jazz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)