Thursday, 20 October 2011

Simply dee-lish.

Millionaires Shortbread. 


          
You will need:
175g plain flour
125g & 50g soft butter
400g condensed milk
3 tbsp light brown sugar x2
150g chocolate


1. Mix the flour, sugar & butter together with your hands until it is like a ball, similar to the picture above.

2. GREASE a 13 x 9 inch tray (I emphasise grease, I will say why later) then squash the ball into the tray, prick it with a fork a few times (I know you will stab it plenty of times, I did too) then place in a pre-heated oven at 180'C or gas mark 4, for about 20 minutes. It should be golden brown when done.  

3. To make the caramel, throw in the butter, sugar and condensed milk into a pan and heat it until it bubbles, then lower the heat and stir at all times, until it is thick. Mine went a tad wrong and I was busy talking, then realised it burnt, leaving burnt blobs in the caramel. My bad. Then smother the caramel on the shortbread. Leave to cool.


4. Melt the chocolate and then smother that on top. I then drizzled white chocolate on top just to make it look nicer. 

5. Then cut it up! This is where I failed, I did not grease the tray enough and lost half the shortbread along the way of chiseling it out. SO GREASE THE TRAY

Mmm so yummy. 

What is your favourite cake/biscuit type thing?

~Jazz

6 comments:

  1. Mmm... yum! I like any sweets but brownies seem to be my weakness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, your blog is inspiring! You are a very interesting person :) Nice pictures! mniam :)
    I will follow you!
    xoxo

    http://nikandpic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love shortbread, so i am pretty sure i am going to love this recipe! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm gonna try this! I absolutely adore Millionaire's Shortbread but I've never tried making it. Thanks for posting this :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the comment :) these look lovely! I'll defiantly be trying these! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)