Sunday, 16 October 2011

Too soon for the too young?

Does anyone here watch the X-Factor? Or heard of it? (If not, then it is a singing competition.)

Well there is a 16 year old girl, named Janet and she is just such an incredible singer, her voice is so soothing, it is simply beautiful. Janet is a little quiet and shy, but so sweet.

Then there was a 16 year old girl last week, named Amelia, but she was the complete opposite, she was a big singer, opting to sing Billie Jean by Michael Jackson on the first live show. She really let her personality shine through, she was confident and looked much older than her age. But unfortunately she was booted off the show and she really showed how upset she was.

So is 16 too young for a competition this big?

I personally think it is, they have not even had their full education yet, they have not experienced as much as the older contestants have, they have not even had all that long to expand on their singing skills, no matter how good they are. And how hard is it to wait for your dream, just to develop it further and get your full education? Surely not that hard. Don't get me wrong, I think they are both fantastic singers, but I think they will be even better in a few years, so why not wait? It really is silly in my opinion. On the other hand, I have been a tad hypocritical and have voted for Janet to stay in the competition, but she is in it now, so I may as well!

Do you think the same? Or are you completely for young singers?

I will leave you with Janet's version of Fix You by Coldplay from last weeks show, which I cannot stop listening to, it's fantastic. 



(Sorry I could not find a HD version! & skip to 1:35 for the song.)

~Jazz

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the comment on my blog, its means alot! Your blog is amazing! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome!

    Thank you so much :))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)