Currently been thinking about this whilst I have been having a mental block on what to write about.
The majority of blogs have a 'theme' to them if that's what you call it, like a theme of cooking, films, makeup, fashion, marriage, family life, fangirling over things, photography, etc. I realised that my blog has no damn theme to it! Well actually that is definitely a lie, it has a theme of moaning. But I wouldn't class that as a proper theme. So I was thinking on whether I should make my blog focused more on certain stuff so that it is actually readable and interesting to any readers who well, read the posts.
But then I realised that in actual fact I started blogging for myself, hate to say this and don't mean to be rude, but I didn't blog with the intention of keeping other people entertained. I think I mainly started my blog as a form of a diary. A lot of people probably think I am too open on my blog and discuss too much boring stuff happening in my life, but that's what I originally intended to post things on, so I'm not going to change that. Yes, I definitely would like to blog about things that would keep you guys interested, but let's face it, that isn't going to happen much! I never have anything interesting to say. I don't have the latest beauty product to write about, I don't have have a pregnancy to announce with my imaginary Irish husband (thank God about the pregnancy, not so thank God about the fact that this Irish man is imaginary), and I probably won't have anything 'exciting' or 'major' to write about for a couple of years yet. I'm still a kid in my own eyes. I still haven't entered the 'real world'. I don't pay bills or have a full time job (don't get me wrong, I am definitely happy about this) or have an up and coming family of my own, I don't have a fancy camera to share pictures with you all. And to be honest I'd have nothing interesting to take pictures of! My instagram is a perfect example of this.
Basically, this blog is just to see me out of my teenage years and is something to look back on when I am older. I hope I continue with this blog my whole life really, but I'm not so sure that this will happen. I got bored with my diary after a few years, so maybe I will get bored of this too. But at least I do have something I can look back on and others can too (if I ever announce to my family/friends I have a blog!).
Call me soppy, but I really do enjoy blogging and it is definitely one of the best decisions I have made. I didn't really know what I was getting myself into at the time but there is definitely a kind of 'community' to blogging and you meet some really great people who are extremely kind in so many ways, which I did not expect. I thought everyone would keep to themselves in a way. You even meet people from your own town and college! You know who you are if you're reading this ha;) (that was definitely a weird coincidence).
I made this blog close to 10 months ago now, which seems a little frightening (time is going pretty quick lately I think) and it still isn't getting anywhere. I still don't have things to write about all the time. It probably is never going to get anywhere and I probably never will have things to write about every 5 minutes. But I think as long as I am enjoying being on here, then it will definitely continue to blog random thoughts of mine for a long time. Right now on a scale of pizza to jam (I hate pizza so bad, I love jam so much) on how much I am enjoying blogging, it would be a great big whopping jam sandwich. I hope it stays this way and I hope you are enjoying this experience as much as I am!
Jazz
I don't know if we can be friends because you just said you hate pizza. Pizza is like my favorite food! Unless there's a different type of pizza in the UK, like how we call "biscuits" "cookies" here.
ReplyDeleteI love your blog though. I think you keep it interesting sharing life stories and feeling and being real. Themes can get a bit boring sometimes. I'm glad you're enhoying blogging though. Keep at it, we enjoy reading it!
Wooo, I feel so special!!!
ReplyDeleteLife is just so weird. And jam, nom nom nom! I wonder if you can make jam cookies? Something I've been thinking about (as well as cookie cheesecake!)
And don't stop, it's not moaning and you're posts are extremely interesting, they are honest and portray real teenage life and emotions!
xox
How can you not like pizza. And like jam. FREAK ;)
ReplyDeleteHahaha, I know what you mean though, my blog is the same= whatever is going through my head. Sometimes I think I should have a theme... but that's wayy too constricting. Let's just stay random!
Hi, Jazz! Thank you so much for dropping by! ;D I totally applaud you for not blogging about what people want to see in your blog. I hate it when bloggers ask their audience what they want to read/see in their blogs; they just want to please them, I guess. I, too, blog about whatever I want. I didn't have followers for a year or so for this reason, probably, but slowly I started building a relationship through this medium and I'm now happy that way it all turned out.
ReplyDeleteYou asked me about my blog design, but I really like your header! As for your question, yes, I had it done by a blogger friend who is a graphic designer.
Awe, so you're a teenager! How old are you, exactly?
One more thing, I'm totally jealous of the fact that you live in the UK :p ... Awee, I so want to go to Glasgow! Most of my favorite bands are from there.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend! ;D
Miki.
Hi totally agree with you but I also agree with the other comments above in that I love that you don't set out to please others with your blog - that way it's kept real! I really enjoy reading your posts, and always read them when they appear in my reading list! I love your humour and your blog certainly isn't boring! I always worry I'm sounding like some patronising old woman when I say things like this,(lol) but you remind me of myself at your age :), (gosh that does make me sound old doesn't it..i'm only 31!!) and I really hope you will carry on blogging for many years to come!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean though about the lack of inspiration lately, I seriously have a case of "bloggers-block" I just can't think of anything to write, the weather really isn't helping either - lets hope it gets better soon and our "blogging mojo" returns with gusto! xx